Learn More

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Jefferson Carter Jefferson Carter Male, 91, United States (8/1/2013 3:32:00 PM)

(This massage was posted as a reply to that message)

Jack, stop begging and START reading! ! ! Your poetry isn't good enough to comment on in any useful way.

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Rookie - 204 Points Jack Growden (8/4/2013 4:15:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

You know what mate, your negative opinion is not appreciated anywhere. You should observe that a vast number of people have thoroughly enjoyed my poetry. If you're going to criticise a young man having a go, then perhaps you don't belong on this website.

• Rookie - 204 Points Mary Morstan (8/6/2013 9:24:00 AM) Post reply

Hey Jack, good on you and good luck with your writing - great you have such an interest at only 16. You have your whole life ahead of you to develop and improve and to discover new poets and poems - ... more

• Rookie - 204 Points Jefferson Carter (8/4/2013 6:01:00 PM) Post reply

Jack, having a go? If that's as dirty as it sounds, you might want to re-think your attitude toward verse. From reading your poems, all I can say is you KNOW nothing about how to write contemporary p ... more

• Rookie - 774 Points Lamont Palmer (8/2/2013 7:28:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Not so fast. I was able to only read one, but maybe he has a career in pop music. -LP

• Rookie - 774 Points Jefferson Carter (8/2/2013 12:48:00 PM) Post reply

No, Lamont, he doesn't. He's not skilled enough (yet?) His pleadIng is so typical of the many bad poets (poetasters) on this site—" I have never studied poetry, I don't read good contemporary ... more

[Hata Bildir]