Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Jefferson Carter Jefferson Carter Male, 91, United States (7/12/2013 2:28:00 PM)

Sue ann, Richard Shelton's wife used to go through his garabage can and rescue whatever poems he'd thrown away (for posterity's sake!) You need this kind of signifcant other.

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• S. A. S. (7/12/2013 3:28:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

JC, I think I need a friend to copy to, but I haven't settled on the friend. A lot of my closer friends are artists, and I'm not sure they always get the word. i thought perhaps my brother and he told me basically to forget that. He doesn't know what I'm talking about most of the time. It's still up in limbo, but I'm seeing signs of Chemo Brain more and more and thinking I have to do something. Or just let it go...toss it with ash and let it be windswept.
    I'm not sure what my husband would do. This is always a conversation that is sidestepped.
    That's interesting about Richard Shelton. I wonder if he was glad she did that or if he cringed to think that some of what me meant to be tossed came back without regard to his edits.

Replies for this message:
    • Jefferson Carter Rookie - 1st Stage (7/14/2013 7:18:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

No, it really pissed him off that she kept doing that. I'd be pissed too.

• Mary Morstan Rookie - 1st Stage (7/12/2013 3:47:00 PM) Post reply

You could leave them with your library. Actually, it's important. Maybe someone in 60 or a 100 or 200 years is going to come across one, or some, of your published poems, and want to know more. It's s ... more

[Hata Bildir]