Learn More

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Peter Stavropoulos Peter Stavropoulos Male, 56, Australia (7/11/2013 6:29:00 PM)

‘If any ambitious man have a fancy to revolutionize, at one effort, the universal world of human thought, human opinion, and human sentiment, the opportunity is his own – the road to immortal renown lies straight, open, and unencumbered before him. All that he has to do is write and publish a very little book. Its title should be simple – a few plain words – ‘My Heart Laid Bare.’ But - this little book must be true to its title.’ – Edgar Allan Poe

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Rookie - 592 Points Jefferson Carter (7/13/2013 3:59:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

I never listen to a bad poet's advice, and Poe is an AWFUL poet! !

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie - 592 Points Lamont Palmer (7/14/2013 12:59:00 PM) Post reply

However JC is quite amusing at times - a redeeming feature. -LP

• Rookie - 592 Points Gulsher John (7/14/2013 6:32:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Lolz, ....you are crazy old man, a Misanthrope like Jonathan swift.....who says: “I hate and detest that animal called man…” This is a portion of a sentence from a letter of the world famous satir ... more

[Hata Bildir]