Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Abdu Musa Male, 27, Ethiopia (5/8/2013 7:55:00 AM)

Hi all

It is recently that I started posting here. You know what I felt then?Here is my feeling:

'A Little Prospect

I was here to let my emotion go out
Through the the pipe of poetry art
So, I started hitting the keyboard
But, as reluctant was my mind,
Nothing happened except a little prospect.'

You may say, 'So what?'. Here is my replay: I am just humbly asking you to look at my poems and have your say. I badly need your help. So, tell me what I should do to improve them.

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Vicki Cherney (5/12/2013 3:16:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi, Abu-

I would say the best thing you could do for your poetry, if you want to write in English, is to continue to study the language. It's great that you already write as well as you do!
    As to your poem here - I think you can delete the word " art" from the second line. And why was your mind " reluctant" ? Its seems when you sat down that your mind was jumping with ideas that you were eager to get out (through the " pipe of poetry" - I like that line!) - but that for some reason you weren't able to. Also, I'm confused by the word " prospect" - do you mean idea?

What does your pipe of poetry look like? A corncob pipe? A hookah? I'm curious!

Replies for this message:
    • Abdu Musa (5/13/2013 1:36:00 PM) Post reply

Dear Vicki Cherney, First of all, I would like to say thank you for your comment. As English is my second language, it is not as such easy to write in it well. Thus, your comment is true and va ... more

[Hata Bildir]