Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Deborah Cromer Deborah Cromer Female, 47, United States (3/22/2013 1:53:00 AM)

I like to check in once in a great while...Just to see what's new, what's said, what's read, and what's going on. I also look in on my " stats" . I get read by a few, that's the norm, but on March 18th there were ALOT of hits?What gives?Just outta the blue, March 18th gets chosen for a day to read my stuff?Not complaining at all, just confused by that isolated day. Cool, but crazy.

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• James Urwin (3/23/2013 4:11:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Its all fake in my opinion...and experiance of visiting this site for months and monitoring such activity gives evidence of.Look at your popularity for a more accurate number...stats to me are blatently computer program controled and given so we all feel like someones reading our stuff.Obviously some are real.How i see it works is...everyone gets a day here and there of a big number just to make us feel good, and post more...other days its just a few here and there to keep us inetrested.
    I am not having a dig a PH coz they have to do something to get us all enjoying the site more, and this works as proven.

Replies for this message:
    • Deborah Cromer Rookie - 1st Stage (3/25/2013 4:27:00 AM) Post reply

This is an alright site, compards to other poetry sites. PoemHunter has been good for alot of reasons. It's got some extraordinary people on it. Some wild ones too. ;)

• Titi Dale (3/22/2013 4:19:00 PM) Post reply

Yeah every once in a while every1's stats do a little jump :) sometimes they're persistent, sometimes they return to normal. I got this sometimes, where my statistics where in the 800's. AWESOME. haha.

[Hata Bildir]