Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Donnaj York United States (3/21/2013 11:30:00 PM)

Hi all. I just want to say that some of you know I've been saying a lot.....and I realized today that I want to say one more thing. I do apologize if any of my posts have come across as snarky or in any other way unkind.

I do take in a lot of information from a lot of sources and I do have a compulsion to share the things I've learned that are not mainstream information. (I am a soapbox junkie) There are so many sides to every issue and sadly we tend to get emotional about our beliefs. Too often we get angry with those who disagree with us, and sometimes shut them out completely. I have nieces who have threatened to concede from the family over such issues.

Wouldn't it be great if we could kick all the lawyers out of congress and the senate, (lawyers who are taught to fight for who pays them whether morally right or wrong - no offense to any lawyers out there) , and instead put together think tanks of the best and brightest of scientists from all fields, economists……problem-solvers, to brain-storm the real and serious problems we as a country and a planet face and work toward the best methods of the best solutions, then actually get those solutions implemented instead of the solution-stagnation that we live with day after day.

I had a son who I lost just 10 days before his 30th birthday. He was beautiful like a mix of Keanu Reeves, Tom Cruise, and the most recent Calvin Klein model, but rugged, a rock climber and rappeller. He was brilliant with an IQ mere points below genius, but what to do with that kind of intelligence can generate complex and difficult life questions. He had a dry, far-side kind of humor. He always told people that his favorite joke was:

What does a snail say when riding on a turtle's back?

Whhhhheeeeee!

Anyway he always said that there is a way the world should work, but people just wouldn't let it work that way. Greed had a lot to do with his meaning.

It is just so difficult struggling through life on this bacteria-laden, disease-riddled, little planet of ours, but we can't just " move" to another planet so............

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Donnaj York (3/25/2013 6:52:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Delilah, what happen to your response? You had posted something about...........blah, blah, blah, nevertheless I need to not be " talking out the side of my neck" .
    I think I recall hearing that term when I was eight years old maybe, so you're like someone's great-grandma I guess, and so maybe I should be more gentle with you.
    But you made a few other personal attack statements, & no attempt to debate to my factually-based comments, which so obviously rubbed you the wrong way.

Unfortunately, there was a problem with the site over the weekend that wouldn't allow me respond, (or post new poetry, etc.) , but I did want to tell you that I found a Political Forum here in PoemHunter.com. At the end of the forum title listings click " more" if you'd like to find it. So much more appropriate for this type of exchange.

I WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT APPARENTLY YOU DID NOT COMPREHEND MY POSTING ABOVE AND WANTED TO CLEAR UP:

1. I was not apologizing to you, but to the others who've been subjected to our " conversations" .
    2. I did not retract anything I've said in previous posts and stand firmly on everything previously posted.
    3. Your reply put me down pretty good (or at least that appeared to be your intention) but you did not attempt to refute any of my statements with opposing facts???
    4. I'll keep an eye out In the POLITICAL FORUM for any factually based opposition.....in case you do in fact.......have any factually based, well.....um.....anything.

Replies for this message:
    • delilah contrapunctal (3/26/2013 1:32:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

I deleted what I'd said because I felt I'd perhaps been a bit too harsh with you... Your response to what I said (and its erasure) confirms the fact that you are looking to have someone with whom to ... more

[Hata Bildir]