Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Linda Ori Linda Ori Female, 68, United States (1/6/2013 8:27:00 PM)

Well, I suppose this is one way to get your work noticed........but it's pretty annoying, especially scrolling past the loooooong ones. Hellllllllooooooo...........that's what we have poetry pages for. Bring back the old forum.......please!

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Rookie - 0 Points Deborah Cromer (1/10/2013 12:34:00 PM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Continue on, it's tradition. Make it what you want. Guide it and show it the way. It, It, It, is the Forum. Even the finest car with body and engine in perfection, still NEEDS a driver. The elders used to have a certain standard of posting to follow. Start it off the way you'd like it to be, how it should be. Keep it that way. Take control and make this site the best it's ever been. Happy New Year 2013. Design and structure! ;) Poetry is, IS worth it.

• Rookie Charles M Moore (1/9/2013 7:35:00 PM) Post reply

I agree with you Linda, But even on the old forum I used to try and avoid all the infighting and arguments.I remember it used to go on for days.

• Rookie - 261 Points ... Dog God 8hate (1/7/2013 4:46:00 PM) Post reply

&

Starseven0 enjoys a, sort of... verve; yet verve that's glaringly void
    of critical gauge. The person seeks acclaim, but without... blame (sorry) ?
    Mandates must be acknowledged lest efforts exasperate (our) gratitude...
    rendering an inverted fate, aborting his/her ambition. So many like this,
    so so many like this.... They swindle our soul.... Inflect dilettante design
    to (our) wall... nonentity

• Rookie - 791 Points Dan Reynolds (1/7/2013 1:37:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Linda, this used to happen on the old forum too. I rseem to remember posting sections of Ovid, just to push Sherries mega-rants of the page..; ¬)

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie - 791 Points Linda Ori (1/9/2013 12:10:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

You're right......how could I forget about Sherrie and the wallpapering? Seems like eons ago......some things never change.

[Hata Bildir]