Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Maty Grosman Male, 29, Canada (8/14/2005 12:11:00 AM)

I wouldn't like to take part in any of your personal disputes...
My only concern is not to find my work, or bits of it, scattered around the web under different names.

It is a general concern and not related personally to anyone (I hope it won't be..)
As for your personal affairs, I must admit that as a new member, I find rather amusing then discouraging. But, as I said, that is none of my business.

Maty.

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Michael Shepherd (8/14/2005 6:18:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Sorry, hadn't read your previous post about copyright.

Replies for this message:
    • Maty Grosman (8/14/2005 10:29:00 AM) Post reply Stage

No problem, Michael. Thanks for going through my posts. As for your first post, I wouldn't worry about it even if it was the case...I'm not moved that much by public opinion. Although I WOULD p ... more

• Michael Shepherd (8/14/2005 5:46:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Maty matey,
    I don't blame you... and of course it's your business if you want to make it that... but I'm puzzled about 'scattered around the web'. Maybe I misunderstand you; but multiple tags and personaliities to fit them are the curse of chat sites when they're used maliciously as traps, or vindictively to bolster oneself in a feud.... So you needn't worry about that.

My suggestion on comment to you and everyone is that a request to be publicly judged on a particular poem - if you really want that and can bear it - is very much to be welcomed on all sides. Though I wish that we forswore 'bad' and 'good' (only thinking makes them so, quote) for 'successful' and unsuccessful'. Those terms neatly place the subjective ball back on the server's court, but the ball's still in play, no-one's abused the umpire (Collette Barniere) or walked off the court (only to re-appear as someone else...) (*_^) smile with a wink

[Hata Bildir]