Learn More

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Collette Parniere Female, 50, France (8/11/2005 6:34:00 PM)

********** I have just removed a series of rude comments and personal insults by Herbert Nehrlich, Sherrie Gonzales-Kolb, Poetry Hound, Poetry Snob, and one or two others. This childish behavior needs to stop. You do not need to join in to every disagreement and inflame it. You do not need to have the last word. Please excercise some self control. Thank you. Collette. **********

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Rookie Poetry Snob (aka Jefferson Carter) (8/12/2005 2:35:00 AM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Collette, its not childish. Its how artists and wannabe artists with strong opinions act. Dont emasculate the forum, please! Abrasive is better than boring. Snob

• Rookie t. h. ashbury (8/11/2005 10:19:00 PM) Post reply

collette,

there is an artistic integrity requirement that cannot sustain endless kindness. do you have any suggestions for how we might comply with your requirements and preserve any excuse for a celebration of speech, perhaps relevant, regardless of its occasionally abrasive texture? i await your reply.

sincerely,

t. h. ashbury

• Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (8/11/2005 9:25:00 PM) Post reply

I noticed that a comment by a lady from Austria was removed. It was a factual critique of a poem written by J Carter. There was nothing inflammatory in it.
    Are we now going fully down the path of 'no more free speech'?
    See question by another poet below.
    Of course we all appreciate that the times when comments of a very revolting nature (not repeatable her or really anywhere) were allowed to stand for many weeks inspite of management being notified, that those times are over but the other extreme may be not what the doctor ordered.
    No, I don't want the job.
    Best wishes
    Herbert

[Hata Bildir]