Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Sylvia Spencer Female, 71, United Kingdom (3/24/2005 8:58:00 AM)

poetry hound, thanks for the write up about my ripper yarn, that was a great yarn you wrote, in trying to tell me in more ways than one that the poem was crap
I wrote that in a school essay years ago. the only LINES changed were the last two. may be my line of writing has not made a hit with all you critic's, but their are certain people who do like it, people who read (Dogeral) I think thats the way you spell it. I surpose people like you canot come to terms with this, and the change from classic poetry, well I can, why do'nt you ever say anything good about people, Oh by the way I would like to read some of your poetry Also I am not interested in how much money my country had made out of the 'Ripper' I also have another interest true crime, I have a lot more crime poems but seeing that my poem did not wet your appetite then they can stay in the loft with all the rest of the junk.

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Rookie - 81 Points Poetry Hound (3/24/2005 9:10:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Sylvia,
    Sorry if I offended you. I didn't mean to. I thought you wanted to hear criticism. So I told you the truth, at least as I see it. Someone else may see it differently and that's fine. No need to get upset about it. As for saying good things about poems, I do it all the time.

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie - 81 Points Janice M Pickett (3/24/2005 1:59:00 PM) Post reply

SYLVIA, Yes I must agree. Poetry Hound has never said bad things about my poems to me. He is far too outspoken though and has no consideration for peoples feelings. He could be such a great criti ... more

[Hata Bildir]