Members Who Read Most Number Of Poems

Live Scores

Click here to see the rest of the list

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Janice M Pickett Female, 14, Belgium (3/20/2005 10:16:00 PM)

(This massage was posted as a reply to that message)

Hi Mary. NO not at all. For example...When I removed all my poems it was because I felt That I would NEVER EVER post on such a site again. All my work appears in my Books. (Which Poetry Hound Cannot Find) .
I want nothing to do with all the silly rubbish which occurs here. I was leaving for good. BUT then I got some really lovely emails from FRIENDS who were upset I had left. I wrote to poem Hunter anad asked them to stop the nonsense of the people who were causing it, and when I got a reply assuring me that the people concerned were being watched carefully and action would be taken if they contunued, I made the decision to return. It had nothing
what-so-ever to do with any plan to get read again. Quite honestly. I DON'T CARE.
In fact the reason I didn't put ALL my 200 poems up is because I am saving them for another Book which is being recorded as a Talking Book for the Blind etc. I am in the srecording studio in April again.
Poemhunter was more a social exercise for me. A place to meet other poets of quality, than a means of having my work read.
I hope that helps

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Mary Nagy (3/21/2005 11:45:00 AM) Post reply

I have no doubt your intentions were honorable. (not that my humble opinion really matters) I have read much of your work and know you don't NEED this site for your poetry. I also like this site simply as a social gathering of people with the same interests...poetry. \There was no insult toward you intended by my comment about re-posting and I hope there was none taken. I apologize if you or Mr. Nehrlich took it too personally. No evil intended. Sincerely, Mary

[Hata Bildir]