Learn More

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Poetry Hound Male, 60, United States (3/18/2005 11:31:00 PM)

I don't get the connection between Big man and proof. I just question whether one-scores significantly affect the number of hits on poemhunter and thus whether they have any affect on revenues. I don't know but I think the vast number of people who visit the site and provide hits and not looking in the amateur section but are looking at the poems of established poets. And the thing about 'I won't call you x' was a little joke at him for accusing me of name-calling when I never had. Get it?

As for admitting when I'm wrong, yep, I've done it. Several times recently. I have no problem doing it. But certain other people seem to be allergic to it.

As for attacking you, I never have. Go ahead and find a quote where I attacked you. You can’t do it because there aren’t any. Our little scuffle started off when you were surmising about people who gave you a one-score on a poem about God and you said words to the effect that some people just can’t handle an uplifting poem about God. Now, what I said was that I thought maybe the one-score had nothing to do with God and perhaps the one-giver simply didn’t think the poem was any good or thought the poet was full of herself. Hardly an attack. In fact, I was simply surmising too. But I think you INTERPETED it as an attack and went on to chide me for appreciating centos before you knew what they were (speaking of not being able to admit something) .

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Rookie Janice M Pickett (3/19/2005 12:16:00 AM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Personally. I think we should all make up don't you. I'm all for a little bit of hugs and nice things said,

• Rookie Janice M Pickett (3/19/2005 12:14:00 AM) Post reply

Hey Baby
    You getting off with my friend here. You are a better lover than a fighter so be nice..XXOO

[Hata Bildir]