Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Rookie mother baxter (4/10/2005 9:02:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

by the holy jumping camels, what is this a battle ground are you people mad
    cairo is never like this, have a cup of tea please, calm yourselves down

Replies for this message:
  • Rookie kenneth william snow (4/10/2005 8:56:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Cease Fire! !

We are adults...we have free will...will to create beauty...or will to foster hate...WAKE UP! !

You call yourself poets...are you illuminating for the well-being of mankind or for the satisfaction of self? Be humbled good sirs...the day fast approaches when we each have an audience of one...Let's see your hate shine then...Poet

your humble servant
    kenneth

• Rookie kenneth william snow (4/10/2005 9:13:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

We all need to re learn the job description of Poet...when we allow the notions of nobodys to affect vision and mission we fail and surrender our place amongst the angels; losing primary function as g ... more

• Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (4/10/2005 9:03:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Sir: Do not misuse the word Poet and waste it on those who would not know how to write a poem. H

• Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (4/10/2005 8:49:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Linda, please use the secure channel to communicate.We do not need the stench.
    Soon, there will be a nice surprise and we can come back out in the open.
    so just have patience.
    Look at their ratings and have a laugh.And read their 'English' and have another laugh.
    H

• Rookie Poetry Hound (4/10/2005 9:17:00 AM) Post reply

'Yes Linda, please use the secure channel. Of course, I could have told you that by secure channel myself. But I did it out in the open to make people think you're on my side when in fact you are secu ... more

• Rookie Allan James Saywell (4/10/2005 8:32:00 AM) Post reply

Dont worry poets, soon you will have a Australian pope, pope james we'll
    all have a sherry together, with king england, i'll bless him with the point of his sword, right up his pudding, have a good night

• Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (4/10/2005 7:40:00 AM) Post reply

Linda, you are a POET. Please leave these people to their own devices.
    You are so far above them, not only because they are unable to produce anything of value but for other, self-explanatory reasons as well.
    It is probably wise to ignore them although I do admire the spirit that you are showing, it signals so much superior intelligence that it must be painful to them.

Just have a look, if you want to have some fun, at the ratings in the stst section.

Best wishes,
    Herbert
    P.S.: I will stand firm and I can assure you right now that these people will not be on P/H in a very short time.

• Rookie Michael Shepherd (4/10/2005 7:39:00 AM) Post reply

PH, this Rather Ancient Brit has offered an opinion on the Royal Dysfunctional Family's celebration ode, on the 'Writing' site...

• Rookie Neil Francis Brooks (4/10/2005 7:21:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

please put the hound back in the pound.

• Rookie Allan James Saywell (4/10/2005 7:10:00 AM) Post reply

you know what i hate i hate when i write something in the forum and some
    big brother erases it because he says i havn't signed in
    sort of like someone watching over your shoulder, in case you offend someone
    and surprise one minute earlier, i signed in

• Rookie Linda Preston (4/10/2005 6:12:00 AM) Post reply

I will check out the poem - though I think Andrew Motion writes at his best when he is not forced into commenting on royal events.

• Rookie - 150 Points Poetry Hound (4/10/2005 6:11:00 AM) Post reply

In the “Writing Poetry” forum, I posted the poem written by Britain’s Poet Laureate to commemorate the wedding of Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles. Would be interested in comments on it (particularly from Brits) .

[Hata Bildir]