Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Finn Hansen (4/12/2005 4:03:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Hello have joined a few days ago. I want to find poems about love.
    I have tried to write my own but they are not so good.
    Please help with kind words for my Girlfriend who I wish to marry.
    Thank you very much.

Finn

Replies for this message:

To read all of 2 replies click here
  • Allan James Saywell (4/12/2005 3:55:00 PM) Post reply

sherry big words do not make a poet, politicians use them to confuse
    ordinary people like you

• Diane Utteridge (4/12/2005 3:47:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Goodmorning. I just thought I'd dropp back in to see if everyone had cooled down yet. I didn't post anything more after the abuse I copped and the attitude about who I was. I hope now that you realise I am who I say I am and that my reason for posting was to do a favour for a friend.
    Please give me a good reason to try my hand at more poetry here. I got a one.one for my first attempt. Although I have written many many poems in my lifetime. I have not gone public with them. My main forte is putting Web sites together for people with less computer knowledge than myself.
    Could you tell me why comments are being posted here en-mass. Are we able to have conversations without abuse? ? ?
    I look forward to a reply.
    Di

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (4/12/2005 9:04:00 AM) Post reply

Janine Mullens (4/11/2005 10: 45: 00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

Hi, everyone: My name is Janine and I would like to make some comments to let you know how your website looks to others.
    I have not posted any poems myself as yet but I am an avid reader of the work of others.
    I must say that I have read many beautiful poems and have seen incredible talent, both here and at two other poetry sites.
    About a week ago I discovered the forum here and I must say it was a shock.
    I felt I had walked into a war zone.
    I also noted that an inordinate amount of hatred was directed at two or three of your own (!) poets, with most of it focused on
    (wouldn't you know it) my favourite poet Herbert Nehrlich.

Having read all of his work now, and there is so much of it, and having found an awesome talent with an incredible versatility
    I decided to investigate by reading the forum as well as the comments made under individual poems that had puzzled and disturbed me earlier.

This I have now also concluded and I must say that, to me, as a relatively recent visitor to this site, many of you ought to hang your heads in shame.
    It would be presumptious of me to mention everyone by name, those who have tainted this site by vulgar and ad hominem comments but I have noticed that the offenders do not seem to be fair, they also appear to possess little in the way of talent, compared to Herbert Nehrlich and a few others.

Do you people realise that you have readers from all over the world? Is it becoming to show yourself from your worst side?
    The worst offender, Paul England, ought to, in my opinion, be banned from the site and from ANY public forum.
    I refer you to the many comments made by him under the poems of others, but I implore you to view his most deplorable
    personal insult to Herbert Nehrlich and his wife.

Yet he has friends. How could this be? I cannot explain this phenomenon and can only say that it is the friend one keeps that show the world who we are.
    No, I have seen nothing on this site that could justify the current disgraceful behaviour by many and I am not making excuses for anyone.

My favourite poet, Herbert Nehrlich, a non-native speaker of English, is still my favourite poet, I can see that hedefended himself with vigour, but I also know that even the strongest lion can be brought down if there are enough hyaenas attacking.
    The most recent comments by Hill, Gonzales Kolb and others, and the ongoing unhelpful tirades of the person calling himself poetryhound do nothing to enhance this website.

And my verdict, and I hope you will all forgive me for my outspokenness, as an outsider who is looking into your house or your family life, my verdict is: Shame Shame Shame.

Perhaps it is too late for kiss and make up but if you gave me a broom or put me into the manager's chair of the site I would clean house and send the troublemakers elsewhere.
    Just my opinion.

Janine Mullens

P.S.: I work for a university and have encountered my share of misbehaving, unruly and drug-addicted juveniles of all age groups.
    Nothing prepared me for what I found in reading the comments and the poems of the above mentioned people.

• Allan James Saywell (4/12/2005 8:16:00 AM) Post reply

sherry give it up cant you read, lenchen elf is the only bright woman i've
    met hear get a life please, she was a brilliant poet you dont measure up
    i'm being honest with you go back and write some poetry get on with life
    just get on with it i am, do i really threaten you that much
    i told mark i had a puff out of the peace pipe, i dont think i have upset anyone

• Linda Preston (4/12/2005 6:59:00 AM) Post reply

Paul,
    My real name is Linda. Every time you speak - you show yourself for what you really are. I don't think social services would view that little piece you wrote as lightly as you think. I work in the NHS and I know how their minds work. You are the one leading a sad life if you think that is acceptable behaviour writing stuff like that.

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (4/12/2005 5:21:00 AM) Post reply

Linda, what are you doing here? A poet of your stature, who writes such lovely poems ought not to spend time in this place (the forum I mean)
    May I suggest we have a party, by invitation only, so we can breathe some pure oxygen away from the pollution.
    Lenchen Elf has left, Lare Austin has and two more will leave within days, all of them real poets, not phony troublemakers.

Someone accused me of having powers and influence in Paris. Don't I wish!
    There has been only silence from management, something I do not understand.
    I was very flattered by Ms. Mullin's observations and really think that (if we forget my name for the moment) she made excellent points.
    I have now received over ten death threats and I know where they come from although I have no proof.
    Is this what one could call human beings?

Yes Anthony, I note your comment but will withhold any further ones from me until I know who you are.
    You do not sound genuine any more than the phony peace efforts by Mark Fry and others.
    I could be wrong.
    H

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (4/12/2005 3:48:00 AM) Post reply

Allan you have replies on your message! ! ! ! !

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (4/12/2005 2:08:00 AM) Post reply

Thank you Janine, I always welcome fans and your words are balm for my soul.
    I would recommend that you send me an e-mail to the inbox as you have seen that the company on this forum consist of nothing but undesirables.
    I have found out today that 3 more top poets have left, one of them a very highly talented man and personal friend of mine Lare Austin. I have his book and I urge you to look at his poems before he takes them all off. Buying his book would also be a good move. He lives in California.

Thanks again for your kind words and I apologise for the bad atmosphere here.
    Best wishes,
    Herbert

• Allan James Saywell (4/12/2005 12:50:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

i have no intention of taking my poems,837 or so anywhere, i will keep writing wether anyone reads them or not, so be it and i will enjoy my mailbox will be left open to the people who want to reach me, if you want to talk poetry
    with me i will be available, i am the sort of man who only needs the people who are close to him

[Hata Bildir]