Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Ali Khorvash (3/29/2005 6:51:00 AM) Post reply Stage

hello everybody!
    I want to suggest you read the poem: YOUR PHOTO by SHIRIN PARVARESH.
    I found that very very senseful and beautiful.
    Its rating is 9.1 (13 votes)
    so I invite you all too read it and submit your comments and vote.
    Im sure that you will enjoy it!
    Ali

• Ali Khorvash (3/29/2005 6:50:00 AM) Post reply Stage

thanks Herbert!
    I read and enjoy the poem 'Your Photo' EVERYDAY!
    Ali

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (3/29/2005 3:16:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Sandra, although I am not sure you asked anyone and everyone, all 4 of those poems are excellent. They are of the high standard that we have come to expect of you.
    I won't place them in any order as that is always misunderstood. I like two of them more than the other two but I like them all.
    Why do you ask?
    H

Replies for this message:
    • Janice M Pickett (3/29/2005 1:27:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I love Sandra's poems. In fact 3 have gone up at the Palace. She is a very talented and deep writer. I cannot understand why people say such nasty things. I guess it's jealousy because they are so sha ... more

• Scarborough Gypsy (3/28/2005 11:58:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Hang on! ! I got that wrong. The order I wrote them (and what I meant to say) was Greatest to Great. If you get my drift.

• Scarborough Gypsy (3/28/2005 11:56:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Hi Sandra,

For me (in order of best to greatest)

Perfect
    Stop
    It sounded like
    Between Us Both

Kind Regards
    SG

• Sandra Osborne (3/28/2005 11:04:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

I humble ask each of you, as a poet in search of the truth, if you all would read my last four poems: 'Perfect', 'Between Us Both', 'Stop' and 'It Sounded Like' and please tell me what you think, you too Poetry Hound. Please, I would really like to know. Thank You, Sandra

Replies for this message:
    • Janice M Pickett (3/29/2005 1:32:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Has someone been slamming my friend again? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? How dare they. I don't have to tell you waht I think of your work. You already know. The Palace is the safest place to post. Send p ... more

• Poetry Hound (3/28/2005 3:01:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Thank you very much for your kind words, Sylvia. Pardon me if I do not refer to your poetry as doggeral even if you do.

• Scarborough Gypsy (3/28/2005 5:48:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Poor Philippa Lane has injured herself while feeding the birds on a slippery icey ground. She has a friend and fellow poet, who is using her site to post her poetry. Anyone who is interested in new poetry should take a look at 'Viola Swing' and 'April'. You will find them both under Philippa Lane as the author but they are actually written by Gemma Hooper. Please be encouraging and welcoming to Gemma when you leave your comments to this new member of PH.

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (3/28/2005 5:31:00 AM) Post reply Stage

They both do both.
    The Nazi Salute was designed to distract those birds. It is always easier to wash a sleeve than a whole uniform, brown or not.
    H

• Scarborough Gypsy (3/28/2005 5:23:00 AM) Post reply Stage

There are both male and female birds.

[Hata Bildir]