Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Michael Shepherd (4/10/2005 7:39:00 AM) Post reply

PH, this Rather Ancient Brit has offered an opinion on the Royal Dysfunctional Family's celebration ode, on the 'Writing' site...

• Neil Francis Brooks (4/10/2005 7:21:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

please put the hound back in the pound.

Replies for this message:
  • Allan James Saywell (4/10/2005 7:10:00 AM) Post reply

you know what i hate i hate when i write something in the forum and some
    big brother erases it because he says i havn't signed in
    sort of like someone watching over your shoulder, in case you offend someone
    and surprise one minute earlier, i signed in

• Linda Preston (4/10/2005 6:12:00 AM) Post reply

I will check out the poem - though I think Andrew Motion writes at his best when he is not forced into commenting on royal events.

• Poetry Hound (4/10/2005 6:11:00 AM) Post reply

In the “Writing Poetry” forum, I posted the poem written by Britain’s Poet Laureate to commemorate the wedding of Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles. Would be interested in comments on it (particularly from Brits) .

• Linda Preston (4/10/2005 6:10:00 AM) Post reply

Paul,
    I think you are making it pretty clear you say what you want! My point of view is equally valid to yours - so you will not tell me to shut up. Again, you demonstrate you cannot enter into a discussion without getting mad. A discussion is just that - dictionary definition is: - 'to talk something over'
    not try to shout others down.

• Linda Preston (4/10/2005 5:52:00 AM) Post reply

Paul,
    You are still not understanding what I am trying to say - anyone making remarks about someone's nationality is not entering into the spirit of poetry - so I would think the best thing would be to ignore them! ! As I said this is not what poetry is about. P.S I'm more of a coffee drinker actually

• Linda Preston (4/10/2005 5:21:00 AM) Post reply

Paul, You need to go and join the National Front I'm sure they will welcome you there. There is nothing wrong with Germans. For God's sake the war was 60 yrs ago - I have visited Germany on many occassions - they are very welcoming! ! A poet would not make a comment like that

• Linda Preston (4/10/2005 5:04:00 AM) Post reply

I've had my fair share of spiteful comments and I'm utterly amazed by them. The people who leave them cannot call themselves poets - poetry is about being accepting of others and their views and working towards bringing certain issues to public attention. These people are just on a great big ego trip trying to make themselves feel better by putting others down.

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (4/10/2005 4:16:00 AM) Post reply

No problem Lynette, you are a real poet with talent.There are onl; y a few here.
    I noticed that a certain entity I have privately named Triglyceride (don't know if the name fits, but it is a hunch) posted my latest poem so they could pick it apart.
    I also noted that it has disappeared, do you think they bit off more than they could chew?
    H

[Hata Bildir]