Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • ***** ***** (4/19/2005 10:18:00 PM) Post reply

Anyone up for writing a poem about the colour white?

• ***** ***** (4/19/2005 9:14:00 PM) Post reply

Fair enough.. I just thought it was one of the priciples of the form, but each to his/her own I guess..

• Allan James Saywell (4/19/2005 9:13:00 PM) Post reply

i like to title my haiku, the fun is in the title, i enjoy having fun
    there is no rules in a title

• ***** ***** (4/19/2005 6:51:00 PM) Post reply

I understood that haiku are not supposed to have a title. I have noticed that everyone titles their haiku here (and on many other sites) and - though I am limitted in my knowledge of the form - is it not true that they should stand alone, without a title?

• Robert Rorabeck (4/18/2005 8:42:00 PM) Post reply

I look like the fall of a dogtrack sliding down the drunk side of Bukowski's thigh in the deep afternoon reflected from a bottle of Budweiser pressed to the lips of a green eyed women being ridden by the spirit of Muhammad Ali- At least, it's what I've been told, asleep and dreaming.

• Mary Nagy (4/18/2005 7:42:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Well Mark, an 'adonis' or a 'doughnut'....Hmmmm strange contrast either way. I doubt I am the only one curious about how people here really look.

Replies for this message:
    • Andy Konisberg (4/18/2005 8:34:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I agree with you...but that's the beauty of the world-wide web, I guess. When I get around to it, I'll put a real picture up.

• Robert Rorabeck (4/18/2005 6:45:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Boo! Scared you- popping in to say hello- may not post for awhile- PH's deep santeria voodoo curse worked on me and these pills- they're calming me down a bit.

Cheers.

Replies for this message:

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Poetry Hound (4/18/2005 4:31:00 PM) Post reply

Those false teeth were terrible. I discovered that you made them out of wood! What a cheapskate! It's ok though, because I don't really need them. I prefer most foods pureed. Ever had pureed prime rib? Mmmmmm good.

• Poetry Hound (4/18/2005 4:07:00 PM) Post reply

That was me Mark, and I said 'dentist.'

• Linda Preston (4/18/2005 2:34:00 PM) Post reply

G'day Allan,
    Any roast snake left over?

[Hata Bildir]