Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Allan James Saywell (4/11/2005 5:37:00 PM) Post reply Stage

my poetry is about to change i will endeavour to explore the life of jesus christ
    and who actually murdered him, i will do this in poetic form i will pull no punches

• Linda Preston (4/11/2005 4:15:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I'll look at your poem Keith.

• Anthony Thomas (4/11/2005 4:13:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Hi everyone, there is a quite new poet who has some really nice poems on the board that I would like to recommend. One poem is called 'Afloat for Western Hemispheres'. Thankyou

Replies for this message:
    • Anthony Thomas (4/11/2005 4:35:00 PM) Post reply Stage

yes, I am drawing attention to my own work. sorry: -) next time I post, I'll mention someone else! I have been reading some of Kenneth Snow's pieces. I would certainly recommend him.

• Mary Nagy (4/11/2005 1:46:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I agree with you Jake! ! If everyone that is decent leaves this site due to a few people's lack of decency.....they've won and gotten exactly what they wanted. These few 'men' are not so important that they should have this much control over any of the poets here. I agree with just ignoring them, believe me, Herbert has called me many unkind things and I have very strong feelings about him as a human being but.......I love this poetry site. I love to be able to read so many people's poems and give them my thoughts on them. I also love being able to have others read my poetry and tell me what they think about it....good or bad, just politely. Most children get bored with bad behavior if you ignore them for long enough...I for one, am not leaving this site, I will continue to enjoy it for what it was intended....a meeting place for people all over the world to post poetry and enjoy eachother's work. I hope so many of you that I enjoy will remain as well. Sincerely, Mary

• Rev. Dr. A. Jacob Hassler (4/11/2005 1:29:00 PM) Post reply Stage

such ashame how some of the best living poets on this site i've read have been forced to leave as a result of this inanity. Lenchen Elf is just one example. perhaps Spanky and His Gang won't be happy until every poet here is driven away?

Robert and David, both of you bring much to this site. no need to be so rash.

why can't we collectively ban those jokers ourselves? there is an option on each of our accounts to effectively turn a blind eye to their lousy comments. i've already done it. they are transparent now.

ignore them. it's just that easy. no reason why the immaturity of a few without restraint needs to turn this website anymore into a circus.

• David Nelson Bradsher (4/11/2005 12:55:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I'm new here and haven't participated in the forums, but if what I've seen is any indication, I'm not sure how long I'll stay. I love the fact that I can read so much classic poetry, but the egos in this place are amazingly oversized compared to the talent I've seen from some of the 'troublemakers'. I get the humorous image of poets facing off like in West Side Story, snapping their fingers in time with the music. Ridiculous.

• kenneth william snow (4/11/2005 10:00:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Quiet in the forum
    Could everyone in fact
    be sleeping?

Let's see...midnight or later
    down under
    but only dinnertime in
    Oceania

Are the peace negotiations on hold
    Based on past experience
    I've often found
    Round tables
    Work best

• Allan James Saywell (4/11/2005 8:19:00 AM) Post reply Stage

hello just got an email from india some bloke wants my blessing
    which could have come from my poem 'pope james'

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (4/11/2005 8:03:00 AM) Post reply Stage

You 'neither condone nor condemn her views'.
    I invite you to re-read them, perhaps you will then want to see her other, previous e-mails to me which are equally disgraceful.

As long as people sit on the fence and watch what others do, in this case Bizzaro, previously england I for one remain unimpressed.

I think there is no point in any further discussions as I see no way for a future which allows people (and I use the word incongruously) like that to shoot off her mouth at will.

There can be no goodwill in this clime and I am fully cognisant of the fact that you as one person can neither speak for nor keep unruly ones in check.

If you stick with your assessment of her statement then I am afraid I will do my own thing and just ask to be left alone.
    I am not opposed to peace, being a peace-loving person but the word juvenile and the wishy-washy stand that many people take are a big turn off for me.
    I have just re-read the 'poem' by Bizzare and find it offensive, racially incorrect and of rather poor quality. It contains as substance many spelling errors, countless lies as does her comment tonight in this forum.
    Feel free to associate with people like that. They are not my kind of people.
    H

• mother baxter (4/11/2005 7:54:00 AM) Post reply Stage

kubla khan says hello and wishes everbody, a velly good morning

[Hata Bildir]