Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Herbert Nehrlich1 (4/10/2005 8:49:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Linda, please use the secure channel to communicate.We do not need the stench.
    Soon, there will be a nice surprise and we can come back out in the open.
    so just have patience.
    Look at their ratings and have a laugh.And read their 'English' and have another laugh.
    H

Replies for this message:
    • Poetry Hound (4/10/2005 9:17:00 AM) Post reply

'Yes Linda, please use the secure channel. Of course, I could have told you that by secure channel myself. But I did it out in the open to make people think you're on my side when in fact you are secu ... more

• Allan James Saywell (4/10/2005 8:32:00 AM) Post reply

Dont worry poets, soon you will have a Australian pope, pope james we'll
    all have a sherry together, with king england, i'll bless him with the point of his sword, right up his pudding, have a good night

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (4/10/2005 7:40:00 AM) Post reply

Linda, you are a POET. Please leave these people to their own devices.
    You are so far above them, not only because they are unable to produce anything of value but for other, self-explanatory reasons as well.
    It is probably wise to ignore them although I do admire the spirit that you are showing, it signals so much superior intelligence that it must be painful to them.

Just have a look, if you want to have some fun, at the ratings in the stst section.

Best wishes,
    Herbert
    P.S.: I will stand firm and I can assure you right now that these people will not be on P/H in a very short time.

• Michael Shepherd (4/10/2005 7:39:00 AM) Post reply

PH, this Rather Ancient Brit has offered an opinion on the Royal Dysfunctional Family's celebration ode, on the 'Writing' site...

• Neil Francis Brooks (4/10/2005 7:21:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

please put the hound back in the pound.

Replies for this message:
  • Allan James Saywell (4/10/2005 7:10:00 AM) Post reply

you know what i hate i hate when i write something in the forum and some
    big brother erases it because he says i havn't signed in
    sort of like someone watching over your shoulder, in case you offend someone
    and surprise one minute earlier, i signed in

• Linda Preston (4/10/2005 6:12:00 AM) Post reply

I will check out the poem - though I think Andrew Motion writes at his best when he is not forced into commenting on royal events.

• Poetry Hound (4/10/2005 6:11:00 AM) Post reply

In the “Writing Poetry” forum, I posted the poem written by Britain’s Poet Laureate to commemorate the wedding of Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles. Would be interested in comments on it (particularly from Brits) .

• Linda Preston (4/10/2005 6:10:00 AM) Post reply

Paul,
    I think you are making it pretty clear you say what you want! My point of view is equally valid to yours - so you will not tell me to shut up. Again, you demonstrate you cannot enter into a discussion without getting mad. A discussion is just that - dictionary definition is: - 'to talk something over'
    not try to shout others down.

• Linda Preston (4/10/2005 5:52:00 AM) Post reply

Paul,
    You are still not understanding what I am trying to say - anyone making remarks about someone's nationality is not entering into the spirit of poetry - so I would think the best thing would be to ignore them! ! As I said this is not what poetry is about. P.S I'm more of a coffee drinker actually

[Hata Bildir]