Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • His Homeynence Sir Peckerwood Ali (4/11/2005 7:45:00 AM) Post reply

His Homeynence observes (with most delight)
    the peace negotiations between the warring parties

He empirically believes
    Placing heart on sleeve
    In no way deceives
    Louts and thieves

And should succeed
    Post haste indeed
    Through wiser creed
    Which plants the seed

Of tranquility
    With ability
    To plainly
    See
    Humility

Lay down your swords and raise your pens
    And show the proletarians
    The sheep that follow fools blindly
    To treat his brother most kindly

peck

• allan james saywell (4/11/2005 7:41:00 AM) Post reply

while i am dressed in this dress i whould like to know if the other poets
    feel threatened by me, why did england attack me in the first place i cant remember even knowing he existed in the world of poetry

• David Nelson Bradsher (4/11/2005 7:40:00 AM) Post reply

Has this place always been so juvenile? I can't believe the kind of arguments that go back and forth here on a regular basis. Also, what's with people dropping in to give a poem a 1 without a comment to back it up? I like storing my work here, so I'm not concerned about the numbers, but some of this is ridiculous. Just my two cent impression thus far.

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (4/11/2005 6:31:00 AM) Post reply

Mark, I have skipped the unhelpful comments before yours and think that there may be hope.
    I remind you that I only sent you a nasty comment (filth, not turd I believe) AFTER you had commmented in a nasty manner on mine.

I am still not clear about Bizzaro, would you clarify this please.
    Thanks
    H
    P.S.: If I am an antisemite then the Pope was an atheist.
    I do however reserve the right to point out certain characteristics in ethnic groups like Germans eating Sauerkraut and Aussie liking vegemite. Even though people with an agenda waiting to be used may see this as stereotyping and racist.

• Michael Shepherd (4/11/2005 5:27:00 AM) Post reply

...and read 'Bizarri's' comments and those by Peewee and to Jean-Francois.... If you can write as well as this, Herbert, why not reveal your talent?

• Michael Shepherd (4/11/2005 5:12:00 AM) Post reply

I suggest that everyone read the poems of 'Louise Bizarri'who claims to be 16. She has scored some of the highest ratings on this site for her 14 or so poems, including one of the finest poems about Auischwitz that I have read, and a simple one about a rose in a vase on a windowsill wishing it were out in the rain which is perfectly done.
    Her style is astonishingly mature, and resembles Sandra's, and it was at first praised by 'Brandon Hackett' whose style was suspiciously like Herbert's; so I suspected some sort of injoke at work, which was imploding because the poems were in fact so brilliant! That would make an ironic short story. The 'real' Herbert writing so well!
    Then followed the current performance, starting with a 'comment' that she should stick to pottery... Envy? Some injoke gone astray? I leave it to you to decide. Even if Herbert or Sandra has written her work under a pseudonym, most of it is brilliant...and the 'real' Louise should be begged to stay forever on poemhunter...

• Allan James Saywell (4/11/2005 4:49:00 AM) Post reply

i have said my piece, i do not know the said woman herbert was talking about
    i have not read her work or commented that i no of, but she did send me an email when i defended herbert, and attacked me strongly for whatever reason
    theonly thing i said after the attack was are all new york woman, as ferocious
    as she was, she gave me both barrels

• Allan James Saywell (4/11/2005 2:58:00 AM) Post reply

see you later ladies and gents, i am going to feed the animal

• Allan James Saywell (4/11/2005 2:55:00 AM) Post reply

all poets including me have big ego's, we are the most imperfect people
    i am not a good judge of poetry, i havn't read a lot of your work and
    i am in not a good position to judge therefore i should shut my mouth
    but i am a imperfect man

• Allan James Saywell (4/11/2005 2:51:00 AM) Post reply

i dont think it would help anyones cause for anyone to leave maybe
    we should just get on with it, make a few guidlines that do not encroach o freedom of speech

[Hata Bildir]