0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

carter you dont have a lot of poems, so i guess you wouldn't get a mention

• Rookie Allan James Saywell (5/31/2005 3:32:00 PM) Post reply

BIG BROTHER HAS BEEN WATCHING FOR YEARS, FREEDOM OF SPEECH HAS DISAPPEARED
    LONG AGO, YOU DONT THINK YOUR A FREE PEOPLE DO YOU

• Rookie Mary Nagy (5/31/2005 9:23:00 AM) Post reply

Ulrike,
    That is great news for everyone! Hopefully with the help of a moderator we can all get back to the real purpose for this website.....reading and writing poetry. I hope this will encourage more people to write from the heart and think before they openly try to hurt through their poetry. (and comments) . This is wonderful news for anyone that wants to be sure this website remains open. I for one, enjoy this very much and am so happy to be able to post and read poems here. We should be thanking Emilie. Sincerely, Mary

• Rookie Raynette Eitel (5/31/2005 9:19:00 AM) Post reply

Yotanka, I have problems with someone presenting a poem without giving the poet credit. As you know, (but perhaps not everyone knows) the poem you quoted is by John Keats. Sometimes it is hard for us to switch gears and read something in archaic English. This poem is still listed as comfort for those who have a loss. The images are really lovely. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

• Rookie Marguerite Mayer (5/31/2005 9:00:00 AM) Post reply

Hello everybody! !
    I am currently working on my final thesis for my master's in education. Therefore, I am looking for Cowboy Poems (19th through 21st century) that I could use in a foreign English classroom. I am looking for poems that deal with
    - the myth/concept of the frontier (!)
    - Indians/Natives
    - Buffalos
    - the American Dream (!)
    - Immigrants (life of an immigrant)
    - Cowboys (life of a cowboy)
    - Love/Nature
    - Racism, Mexicans, Wars, Politics, Foreigners
    I would be so thankful if you could give me some inspiration on which poems to pick! ! ! ! !
    Thank you! ! ! !

• Rookie Yotanka Drake (5/31/2005 7:13:00 AM) Post reply

Hello!
    Here's the poem I had to analyse in terms of versification for my exam:

O soft embalmer of the still midnight,
    Shutting with careful fingers and benign
    Our gloom-pleas'd eyes, embower'd from the light,
    Enshaded in forgetfulness divine:
    O soothest Sleep! if so it please thee, close,
    In midst of this thine hymn, my willing eyes,
    Or wait the Amen ere thy poppy throws
    Around my bed its lulling charities.
    Then save me or the passed day will shine
    Upon my pillow, breeding many woes:
    Save me from curious conscience, that still hoards
    Its strength for darkness, burrowing like the mole;
    Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards,
    And seal the hushed casket of my soul.

(1819)

What do you think about it?
    Bye

• Rookie Allan James Saywell (5/31/2005 12:52:00 AM) Post reply

Sonja does anyone mind you through the day, why dont you get a life and let me get on with mine, put some excitement in that dull life of yours
    perhaps write some more poetry, a couple of hundred more or are you brain dead

• Rookie ***** ***** (5/30/2005 11:16:00 PM) Post reply

Mister Spellwell... you might want to check your use of the word... 'Shakespeare' and also the word 'acquire' with a 'c', before you go throwing stones... good luck with your crusade against spelling crimes.. you are the greatest offender.

• Rookie Allan James Saywell (5/30/2005 11:12:00 PM) Post reply

ross you are a complete fraud, a nobody it begs the question what are you doing on the site, you are already in my poem or one of 980 so why dont you and your so called friends just disappear, go read some hamlet, could be beyond you
    i dont think there would be a lot happening in your grey matter area

• Rookie Pierce Ross (5/30/2005 11:07:00 PM) Post reply

with what I have read, I wouldn't insult my poetry by putting it anywhere near you guys.. and I mean you Allan.. I have only read a couple of yours and none of Herbert's work (funnily, he has already insulted me) , but considering your insults to me already, I'd say the likelihood of putting my poetry on this site is slim to nil - I value it too much.

[Hata Bildir]