Learn More

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Rookie P.O.P. Erwin Baxter (5/28/2005 5:14:00 AM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Allan Saywell accused me of being an anti-semite earlier this week after reading my epic poem 'PALESTINE'. Disgusting. I have clarified the matter further with my epic 2-part poem 'THE JEWISH QUESTION'. There can be no doubts as to my credibility
    with serious face
    erwin

• Rookie Robert Rorabeck (5/27/2005 11:02:00 PM) Post reply

everyone should check out postsecrets.com if they already havent

• Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (5/27/2005 7:31:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

No, the dean did not have a good laugh with you.Not at all.
    Perhaps a further insult from you may be forthcoming?
    I always say, job security above all.
    H

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Poetry Hound (5/27/2005 8:54:00 PM) Post reply

Yet another unsubstantiated assertion from Nehrlich. Or should we call it wishful thinking? And a pathetic and ham-handed effort to get JC fired. All the dean has to do is look at who the charges are ... more

• Rookie Andrew Konisberg (5/27/2005 2:17:00 PM) Post reply

How does 'David K. Zvekic' keep getting his titles of his posted poems to appear in red? Check it out on the main page...I've asked David twice and he will not give anything away! The content is the most important thing, but it's a good gimmick.

• Rookie Andrew Konisberg (5/27/2005 1:49:00 PM) Post reply

David Bowie did a similar thing with lyrics circa 1970-1974. I'm not suggesting he is a luminary in the literary world, but he 'cuts & pastes' in the 'Ziggy Stardust' film and talks about the technique of arranging random fragments into something aesthetically pleasing. Just a thought. I liked the film 'Naked Lunch' but then again I liked the Cronenberg film 'Spider' which only about three people went to see at the cinema. The book is a tough read, I found the visuals an aid...sort of like a precursor, cinematically, to the kind of aspect Terry Gilliam tried to deploy in 'Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas'. I liked Hunter S. Thompson...a few weeks ago I listened to a 'lecture' he gave at some well-known American campus. He takes questions from the floor for an hour and avoids answering all but about three of the questions. He rambles on, very amusingly, about practically anything...cheerily rebuking audience members. Drugs mean nothing to me, but I am happy to experience them vicariously through a witty writer.I like Thompson's prose, it has its flaws but I nearly always find those flaws endearing.

• Rookie - 10 Points Poetry Hound (5/27/2005 11:21:00 AM) Post reply

Lamont, you asked me about Burroughs. I tried tackling Naked Lunch several times but just couldn't get through it. I found the writing style difficult and not compelling enough. I didn't know he wrote poetry. You must like him, right?

• Rookie - 10 Points Poetry Hound (5/27/2005 9:29:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Check out new poet John Kay. I'm interested in folks' opinion of his poetry. Warning to Lamont: John writes in full sentences.

• Rookie Allan James Saywell (5/26/2005 10:40:00 PM) Post reply

andrew you enter my equation, of what is bright and what isn't i'm glad you said attempt, dont try to write anything that is beyond your grasp, dont tell me what i should or should't do, you are a person who has to hide behind a cloak
    which says it all i dont i am who i say i am, i write what i want you are a sheep who follows the narrow flock, do me a favour read something simple
    dont read my work give your ones to other people

• Rookie Allan James Saywell (5/26/2005 9:17:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

sonja i find you a very limited person, with very little room for expansion
    in your poetic scope in otherwords what sonja thinks everbody should follow
    or else, i am my own man, i write what i want to write not what people tell me to write, i seek no favour from any other poet, nor will my influence be swayed by what other people write or think, you just had to use the old shock word
    which is not a shock word anymore

• Rookie ***** ***** (5/26/2005 10:31:00 PM) Post reply

and, indeed, making up silly aliases to get back at them.....

• Rookie ***** ***** (5/26/2005 10:30:00 PM) Post reply

if you seek no favour from other poets then why the hell do you moan about people giving you negative comments and ratings? ? ... shouldn't you just get on with the business of writing and ignore them ... more

• Rookie Allan James Saywell (5/26/2005 7:41:00 PM) Post reply

you removed your poems from this site sonja to gain attention

[Hata Bildir]