Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Herbert Nehrlich1 (4/27/2005 7:36:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Even though Peckerwood has removed his threat and poor taste comment I will refresh the memories of those who may have missed or forgotten it. He stated that a pillow to suffocate me would be a good suggestion and he also threatened me to leave this site, mentioning casually should we meet in the dark....
    I responded to this and I am leaving this stand here. Perhaps management will not take kindly to (even silly) death threats, made by both Mark Fry and Peckerwood.I am still hoping that troublemakers will be banned from this site.
    H

• Andy Konisberg (4/27/2005 7:29:00 AM) Post reply Stage

I think that is a laudable suggestion Hubris. take your bile to the operatic and classical world, I'm sure they'll rejoice at the 'find'...the next Wagner? Or perhaps another word beginning with 'W'...

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (4/27/2005 7:27:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Yes, of course envy makes people blind. I had stopped writing and posting for quite some time yet my ratings are continuing way up there compared to those of your untalented friends.
    It must be the talent shining through, you know 'talent will out...'
    I see no reason for insults which you seem so fond of and the clumsy and poor taste threat with a pillow to put someone out of his misery by suffocation only shows who you are. As I said, more and more people see you and your kind now.

But no one is afraid of you. The fear is all yours.

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (4/27/2005 7:19:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Funny how things develop sometimes.
    Although I do not give ones to poems (misnomer) by you or the other great ones (mainly because a one is really not deserved, it must be earned) I think the occasional comment from those who lead a challenged life may have merit.
    Your encouragement is refreshing, so I am staying.
    Any further comments would be like sneezing inside the stratum germinativum.
    I think Mr. Baxter is a very welcome addition to this warzone, his three poems (although I am no expert on Haiku) are so far above the niveau that has descended upon this place more recently it is amazing.
    I for one am looking forward to more of his work and his astute comments.
    I think the audience of real people is growing.
    In closing, let me express my profound sorrow to all those who are not poets, have no talent and do not want to believe it.
    One of my neighbours tried her hand in poetry and failed in a similar m, anner, she is now into music and doing very well. They have allowed her to play the music box at the RSL without putting in coins. Just wanted to mention this.
    Best wishes to all
    H

• His Homeynence Sir Peckerwood Ali (4/27/2005 7:05:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Yes Nehrlich the walls have ears and you too are among the individuals who rush to dispense 1's on your enemies. Beware what is lurking in the shadows Nehrlich. Your days are numbered despite your superior genes. Cease with your hollow threats! Do Humanity a favor and take your rubbish and pompous ego and LEAVE. The world and certainly this site will be a better place when you do.

peck

P.S. take your teutonic friend baxter and your silly sidekick saywell with you.

Replies for this message:
    • Herbert Nehrlich1 (4/27/2005 7:29:00 AM) Post reply Stage

If I saw some obstacle like you in the shadow I would not be surprised. That's where you hide. Someone who is afraid or ashamed to show who he really is. But I do not believe that anyone, anywhere co ... more

• Andy Konisberg (4/27/2005 6:28:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

anybody got a pillow? ennui creeping in again...any thoughts on the poetry of the 20th century American Stevens still welcome...I read your comment, Michael...I can't enjoy Stevens much myself but I am trying very hard to 'get' what others like about him.

• Scarborough Gypsy (4/27/2005 6:59:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Good on ya Mark. Stear them back in and get back on the right track. I really like your poetry and I enjoy Herberts too.So I hope that doesn't mean I'm gonna start copping one's all over the place bec ... more

• Andy Konisberg (4/27/2005 5:15:00 AM) Post reply Stage

American poet, often lumped in with Robert Frost

• Andy Konisberg (4/27/2005 5:09:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

right. let's return to matters poetic instead of the nonsensical postings of Mr. 'Baxter' (read the green bit under the title 'poetics & poetry discussion' please) . has anybody got any thoughts on the 20th century poet Stevens?

• Michael Shepherd (4/27/2005 5:46:00 AM) Post reply Stage

his poetry and comments on poetry much admired by an American scholar,80ish, 'reviewing' my sonnets book...

• Allan James Saywell (4/26/2005 11:07:00 PM) Post reply Stage

THERE IS A DOG GOING AROUND THE SITE PRETENDING TO BE POETRY HOUND HE BARKS
    LIKE A CHICKEN, AND DOES A COMPLETE CIRCLE BEFORE HE LAYS DOWN HE ALSO SITS
    ON HIS OWN STOOL

• ***** ***** (4/26/2005 5:48:00 PM) Post reply Stage

A somewhat cynical use of a variation on an obscene word to avert the eyes of management... tsk

[Hata Bildir]