Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Allan James Saywell (4/19/2005 9:13:00 PM) Post reply

i like to title my haiku, the fun is in the title, i enjoy having fun
    there is no rules in a title

• ***** ***** (4/19/2005 6:51:00 PM) Post reply

I understood that haiku are not supposed to have a title. I have noticed that everyone titles their haiku here (and on many other sites) and - though I am limitted in my knowledge of the form - is it not true that they should stand alone, without a title?

• Robert Rorabeck (4/18/2005 8:42:00 PM) Post reply

I look like the fall of a dogtrack sliding down the drunk side of Bukowski's thigh in the deep afternoon reflected from a bottle of Budweiser pressed to the lips of a green eyed women being ridden by the spirit of Muhammad Ali- At least, it's what I've been told, asleep and dreaming.

• Mary Nagy (4/18/2005 7:42:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Well Mark, an 'adonis' or a 'doughnut'....Hmmmm strange contrast either way. I doubt I am the only one curious about how people here really look.

Replies for this message:
    • Andy Konisberg (4/18/2005 8:34:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I agree with you...but that's the beauty of the world-wide web, I guess. When I get around to it, I'll put a real picture up.

• Robert Rorabeck (4/18/2005 6:45:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Boo! Scared you- popping in to say hello- may not post for awhile- PH's deep santeria voodoo curse worked on me and these pills- they're calming me down a bit.

Cheers.

Replies for this message:

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Poetry Hound (4/18/2005 4:31:00 PM) Post reply

Those false teeth were terrible. I discovered that you made them out of wood! What a cheapskate! It's ok though, because I don't really need them. I prefer most foods pureed. Ever had pureed prime rib? Mmmmmm good.

• Poetry Hound (4/18/2005 4:07:00 PM) Post reply

That was me Mark, and I said 'dentist.'

• Linda Preston (4/18/2005 2:34:00 PM) Post reply

G'day Allan,
    Any roast snake left over?

• Allan James Saywell (4/18/2005 2:13:00 PM) Post reply

mary it was supposed to be kept quiet, it was a photo of a man and two children
    they cut the children out of the photo and just left me, i was led to believe
    that the photo would be left in the site, i gave her a short history of my
    life and who i was how i made it as a poet, which in itself was a story on it's own, they just put what they wanted to put and the rest is history
    an example of why i dont trust people, another woman in america has my photo
    somewhere in texas, the photo was rather scary, i had long blonde hair and
    i have a battered face from my sporting days, janice pickering might have the photo

• Mary Nagy (4/18/2005 1:49:00 PM) Post reply

Mr. Saywell,
    You mentioned your photo on the web.....(so ugly you're handsome) ...I'm very curious to see this photo myself. Would you be willing to say where that might be found? I see so much of your work here, it's always nice to put a face with it. Sincerely, Mary

[Hata Bildir]