Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Rookie Scarborough Gypsy (6/2/2005 8:48:00 AM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Oh Poetry Hound, You are so wise and above all that come here. We must all lower our heads in your presence and back out gracefully when ever you challenge us. Of course only your opinion counts unless of course you agree with someone else. I will say what I want when ever I want and I don't give two hoots if anyone agree's or not. Why don't you contribute some poetry and let us judge that? ?

Love you always
    Gyp's

• Rookie - 150 Points Poetry Hound (6/2/2005 8:36:00 AM) Post reply

Actually, the forum hasn't been all BS. There have been quite a few discussions about poetry here. There have been discussions about individual poems and poets and discussions about writing styles and what makes a poem a good poem. And there has been some healthy disagreement. Inevitably, these discussions were interrupted by people who want to play games and make fun of the people having the discussion. Now, if you don't think much of these discussions and choose not to ignore them, then you have a choice: You can either join in and explain why you think someone is full of it, or can smirk from the sidelines and make fun of the participants. Seems to me the latter approach is pretty childish.

• Rookie Scarborough Gypsy (6/2/2005 8:04:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Thankyou John for your kind words of encouragement, though I am relatively thick skinned with what goes on on PH. I hope you enjoy your time here and take the best of what you can get out of it. I have met many good and true friends on this site and it really does sadden me to see it get abused the way it does.

Albert, thankyou also for your response to my posting. Though we have not met before and I do not know you, you have made it quite clear that you are exactly the type of character that I commented on. I hope you too enjoy your time on PH and get as much out of it as you hope to.

All the best and warm regards
    Gyp's

PS
    Herbert, I will never understand your continuous partisipation in this forum after all that has gone on? ? ?

xx
    G

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Albert E. Neumann (6/2/2005 10:14:00 AM) Post reply

Herbert is responsible for 99 and 44/100 percent of what vitroil goes on in this forum, Nehrlich and his misogynistic cast of characters. Don't take a holier than thou attitude with me. I've been a vi ... more

• Rookie Scarborough Gypsy (6/2/2005 7:25:00 AM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

How refreshing to see that nothing has changed on the forum since I last visited at least a month ago. Still the same egotistical characters (though names may have altered somewhat) the sentiments are the same. Just like returning to a “Gentleman’s”
    Club in Soho, what? Sooo glad you are all enjoying yourselves and filling up your precious artistic time with such substance. I will leave you now to (no doubt) bag me out too and congratulate yourselves on saving the forum from being subject to yet another uneducated, untalented and unworthy member. Hang loose dudes. Stay cool and chill (your bony arses) out.

Lots of love
    Gyp’s

• Rookie Poetry Hound (6/2/2005 8:42:00 AM) Post reply

You're right that some things haven't changed - the personal attacks and vitriol. But the thing that HAS changed is that there are actually some discussions of poetry. Or do you prefer the vitriol?

• Rookie John William Hall (6/2/2005 7:55:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hello. I am relatively new here as well and I am terribly sorry to see you treated like this. Your comments were very realistic and please don't pay attention to the troublemakers. Welcome to the OK ... more

• Rookie Albert E. Neumann (6/2/2005 7:50:00 AM) Post reply

The way I see things if you are not part of the solution than you are part of the problem. Your rhetoric does nothing to quell the flames, perhaps you should make your next absence longer than your la ... more

• Rookie David Zvekic (6/2/2005 1:52:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Ode to Words I Didn't Write
    ----
    I drifted off throughout that night,
    My breath held deep in thrall to art
    With words I felt but didn't write -
    They fled my pen; I couldn't start.

Although I knew what words devised,
    In writing what would never be,
    As ink did dry, the words revised,
    My words! They had forsaken me!

In muted silence did I oath,
    (For grammar too eluded me) ,
    And wrote some sentence without mouth,
    Expressing drivel where dreams should be.

In writing down did words appear,
    And basest letters did transcribe -
    My soul said more than air could hear;
    My words, alas, could dirt describe.

-(c) David Zvekic 2005

Is this the forum for insulting each other? Perhaps this is the wrong place.

• Rookie Mary Nagy (6/2/2005 5:42:00 AM) Post reply

Well, I don't know about the 'insulting eachother' part but.......that's a wonderful poem David. Sincerely, Mary

• Rookie Allan James Saywell (6/2/2005 1:37:00 AM) Post reply

PURE AND SHINING

I AM A LITTLE POET
    WHO'S HEAD IS SHINY AND CLEAN
    MY SOUL IS PURE JUST LIKE-
    A BAR OF SUNLIGHT SOAP
    AND I LIVE IN HOPE
    THAT YOU ALL CAN BE PURE
    JUST LIKE A JAR OF FRUIT PUREE
    AND YOU CAN BE HAPPY AND SMILING
    JUST LIKE LITTLE OLD ME

WHOOPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Rookie Allan James Saywell (6/2/2005 1:18:00 AM) Post reply

carter you are not in a position to say anything about anyones poetry
    you are not qualified and your opinion would mean nothing
    your own work is poor very poor, you would be lucky to please a kindergarden kid
    and yet you come out and say the new boy on the block's poetry is poor
    i read a couple, let me tell you this it is better then yours, on a bad day
    and i say welcome mister parekh, and good luck

• Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (6/1/2005 11:51:00 PM) Post reply

Poetry

It seems to me
    that all poets should be
    noble, helpful and good.
    Only then they could,
    unencumbered and free,
    write the poetry they would.
    If the writing of Gods
    came from you and me
    would you wonder about the odds?
    So if talent you see
    would you all just give nods
    and look elsewhere if it is a bore,
    let us never forget this is poetry
    and not some ridiculous war.

Herbert Nehrlich

• Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (6/1/2005 8:11:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Poetry

It seems to me
    that all poets should be
    noble, helpful and good.
    Only then they could,
    unencumbered and free,
    write the poetry they would.
    If the writing of Gods
    came from you and me
    would you wonder about the odds?
    So if talent you see
    would you all just give nods
    and look elsewhere if it is a bore,
    let us never forget this is poetry
    and not some ridiculous war.

Herbert Nehrlich

• Rookie Mary Nagy (6/1/2005 9:10:00 PM) Post reply

Wonderfully put Herbert. I hope it could be smooth sailing for all from here on out. I'll cross my fingers. Sincerely, Mary

• Rookie Allan James Saywell (6/1/2005 7:48:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

albert i'm surprised that you have shown your face again neaumann, people actually read my short poems, i dont see much happening around your poems
    you are my number one fan, you read my stuff, you hang out for it you jump on everything i do, i think you read herberts poems too, i like you neaumann
    you are good for my image

• Rookie Albert E. Neumann (6/2/2005 3:49:00 AM) Post reply

Allan dearest, Your poems have an average rating of 6.5 with an average number of 5.2 ratings per poem. My poems are rated 8.6 with an average of 8.9 ratings per poem. Who is reading who's work? ? ... more

[Hata Bildir]