Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Linda Preston (4/16/2005 6:11:00 AM) Post reply

Happened again - interesting

• Linda Preston (4/16/2005 6:04:00 AM) Post reply

Thanks, Allan - for pointing out my typing error - your comments about the rest of the post would have been more intereting though. xxx

• ***** ***** (4/16/2005 5:58:00 AM) Post reply

Michael, [as per your comment on prose writing] I have worked in the journalistic field for a time (until this month in fact - but got damn tired of the frantic and what seemed the voyeuristic aspects of documenting death - not designed for that) and so your comment about prose and using that journalistic style is noted. It hasn't helped me up to now, but then I wasn't using the 'media nodule' of my brain when in creative writing mode. I will try it out on my prose and see.. if I fall into a parsimonious hole I can't get out of you will give me a hand won't you.. wink, Sxx

• Allan James Saywell (4/16/2005 5:19:00 AM) Post reply

she must of had problem with her english, or she used the old english like me
    you have to play games to appear supperior, almost make me laugh
    so i write haiku for you

• ***** ***** (4/16/2005 5:17:00 AM) Post reply

Spot on as ever, Michael, Sx

• Allan James Saywell (4/16/2005 5:11:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

i must inform the forum that herbert Nehrlich, ratings have gone through the roof
    you must all be pleased for your fellow poet

Replies for this message:
  • Michael Shepherd (4/16/2005 5:09:00 AM) Post reply

I like 'menance' as a Plath word, Linda. Evokes men, menace and penance. Spot on.

• Allan James Saywell (4/16/2005 4:29:00 AM) Post reply

i think you meant menace, you have spelled it wrong SPELL CHECK HASSLER

• Linda Preston (4/16/2005 3:45:00 AM) Post reply

Thanks anyway, Mark. I know you have been interested in Sylvia Plath lately, did you know that one of her big influences was, Theodore Roethke? Ted Hughes, said that in 1959 a turning point was reached in her poetry when she discovered him. She 'realized how he could help her'. She certainly picked up his something -nasty-in-the-greenhouse manner; she, too, could find the creepiness in things. In November of that year she wrote'Mushrooms' -which was filled with menance.

• Allan James Saywell (4/16/2005 2:42:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

ho hum who really cares about some lenen orinated poet, from the old russia
    how are you little english, and your cronies how are you andrew or mister fry
    or whatever you name is, giving people lectures

Replies for this message:

To read all of 1 replies click here
[Hata Bildir]