Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • mother baxter (5/24/2005 8:17:00 PM) Post reply Stage

dont feel bad about having a raspy voice sonja as well as being deaf
    just sing opera in the bath

• mother baxter (5/24/2005 8:15:00 PM) Post reply Stage

sonja are you born again, have you come back, anyway a great blessing from mother baxter, wait till i get hold of erwin, saying all those terrible things
    he isn't a son of mine anymore, dont tell everone but erwin is bent

• mother baxter (5/24/2005 7:50:00 PM) Post reply Stage

YES SHERIE THE BINGE DRINKER

• Andy Konisberg (5/24/2005 7:02:00 PM) Post reply Stage

RE-Bob Dylan. I went to see a gig of his 5 years ago. I think he has written some of the greatest songs of his era...and even if one does not like him, it is hard to dispute that Dylan did not sky-rocket the general standard of lyric-writing (whether Jim Morrison's or Jeff Buckley's or Lennon's or even Zappa's...) ...Dylan created a paridigm for other writers of 'popular music' to follow...as such, he has to be regarded as a genius...even if one objects to the dirge-like nasal whining that has been particularly pronounced since about 1978. Dylan's JEWISH as well, if certain people are listening. His real name is Robert Zimmerman. Most of you will know that already...I merely cite Dylan's Jewishness for the benefit of those of a certain philosophical disposition...no names...no packed lunches...

• ***** ***** (5/24/2005 6:02:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Messages written by Herbert Nehrlich about poems / poets.

Opinions and ideas of this member on poems and poets.

[[ prev. page

Sayfa: 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 110 120 130 140 150 160 170 180 190 200 204

next page ]]
    5/23/2005 5: 39: 00 PM
    POEM: The Bum-Herbert Nehrlich

Okay, Konisberg, you have been found out. You are not only Baxter but (clever you think?) John William Hall. Your writing style......!
    Maybe you can fool some of the people some of the time. But my own Aunt Hulda always used to say 'those who have something to hide are bad people'.
    I am still waiting for you to re-post the message I allegedly sent to you but I think you are too much of a coward. $ 10,000 says the message came from someone we all know, but it ain't me.Are you game?
    Well, no he says, he has neither balls, not brains nor money. The world has conspired against him and won't let him have these things.
    I admit that the Hall thing had me fooled for a time.
    Why don't you visit the desert pooper Carter and both wander off into the sunset.
    One can only hope.
    H

5/23/2005 5: 25: 00 PM
    POEM: Rebirth-Michael Philips

Although not invited to comment I take the liberty of the mannerless.
    This is a rather poor effort but I had not expected any better.
    Unlike the likes of desert pooper Carter, I would praise a poem if praise were indicated.
    H

5/23/2005 2: 50: 00 AM
    POEM: Erwin Was Bent-allan james saywell

Baxter you have one chance to publicly apologise.
    H

5/22/2005 9: 14: 00 PM

Carter how would you like me to post the messages you sent to me?
    They are confirmed by and recorded by management.
    I think the world might want to know what kind of piece you are.

5/22/2005 5: 18: 00 PM

Addendum to Koniskong: You talk about taking me to the cleaners and being of German origin.
    Not all Germans can be perfect, some are even revolting specimens. I would count you under the disgraces of the German people. As to you taking me to the cleaners, you are not man enough to even stand on your own feet, you little whimp, let alone accomplish anything of significance.

5/22/2005 5: 13: 00 PM

Thank you Chris, but I am afraid that your call for reason will fall on deaf ears. Some people have a persecution complex and they are so consumed by hatred (probably raised that way) that they feel the need to attack, using all methods including criminal ones at their disposal. I am sure you realise that those who have a need to hide their names have good reason to do so. From manipulation of ratings to sending false messages and then being afraid to produce the alleged message from me....... it is not worth wasting the time of decent people with contaminated windbags.
    H

5/22/2005 5: 06: 00 PM

Konisberg, YOU calling me filth! Filth would be a nice name for you. Keep your mailbox open, only your filth kind will write you. I do not deal with those who have to hide behind false names.
    Usually criminals have a need for that.
    Your kind contaminate this site, we had no trouble on this site until the filth arrived.If you had a brain you could think about this.

5/22/2005 8: 18: 00 AM
    POEM: Heaven-Herbert Nehrlich

Both of you, why don't you jump back into your persecution cocoon and suffocate each other. The world doesn't need malodorous scum.

5/22/2005 8: 13: 00 AM
    POEM: The Song That Triggers My Memory-Laura Cummings

The song most likely to fit would be 'Sealed with a Kiss'...
    H

5/22/2005 8: 11: 00 AM
    POEM: Someone Crush Me-Graham Leese

On the last line I suggest you change least to 'last'. What do you think?
    Best wishes
    H

Not one decent, respectful or kind comment.... you absolute excuse for a human being, Herbert... are you capable of being complimentary to anyone other than your homosexual alter-ego... I am so glad I have removed my work from this site.. not to have diseases like you shit all over it anymore. Herbert.. any chance of you publishing any time soon? Doubtful.. EVER..... unless it is a vanity press, sweetie.

• Andy Konisberg (5/24/2005 5:58:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I can see Jefferson's point, however.

• Andy Konisberg (5/24/2005 5:46:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

As regards abusive comments, they often seem to be the privilege of a couple of people. Hairy Nin.com-poop and Sancho Panza seem to be able to remain unfettered in utilising incitement for aimless ends. It may simply be a case of the more money offered to the kitty, the more one is free to bespoil and denigrate; that's kind of the way life operates. However, Jefferson, much like the world of Marvel comics...good will always defeat evil, ultimately. It reminds me of Alexander Propp (deemed a narratologist in some circles) who proposed that there were 31 (on memory) elements of a story, a common one; evil being defeated by good. I've been reading some more Wallace Stevens and was struck by his poem 'A High-Toned Old Christian Woman' which begins; 'Poetry is the supreme fiction, madame' and I searched for a view by Robert Frost upon poetry, and he once quipped: 'Poetry is about the grief. Politics is about the grievance'. I thought that was a clever remark because by 'politics' we can mean 'personal politics', 'the body politic', etcetera. So, if you combine Stevens' take with Frost's, poetry is 'divine political fiction' (Stevens' poem was heartfelt apparently...and deals with the quasi-religious act of writing, irrespective of the theme of the poem) ...this sort of rings true...poetry being a search to express the unexpressable, the spaces between words, thoughts, and actions...poetry has a politic of its very own because it is written from the mindset of an individual...whether whimsical, or 'heightened' in tone...poetry, is a means of reaching the desiderata...whether that goal is humour, pathos, etc....when one feels compelled to write anything, there is an objective behind it...and the poet and others discern as to whether that objective may or may not have been reached but the critic is often only second-guessing the poet...the poet is involved in a 'divine political fiction'. Works for me. However, which poet's (or poets') philosophy/(ies) about poetry writing do other members think encapsulates the writing of poetry for them? I'm not trying to be pretentious, it may sound like it, but I'm just a mediocre writer. I just wondered if other members were inspired by a particular philosophical approach when writing poetry?

Replies for this message:
    • Michael Shepherd (5/24/2005 6:03:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I'd like to follow up on the 'attitude' to the actual writing - it's to do with ideas of responsibilithy for me - but I'll need time for that, as it's worth the discussion...

• Michael Shepherd (5/24/2005 12:45:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Anyone have Italian out there? When a plural noun like 'three lines' becomes a singular noun - 'three-liner', does it go from 'treline'(feminine) to 'trelina'? I'd like to know before the naming-party!

• Michael Shepherd (5/24/2005 6:40:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Though I think there is still a place for one form of part-Japanese 'haiku' that has two statements in two lines whose connection the reader must recognise - e.g. 'mayfly/plop' - and one of those intimating the season adds imagery - we could well go along with Kerouac (who probably got it from Alan Watts who read Japanese) with the three-liner. In memory of Kerouac's suggestion that it be graceful in Italianate style, I suggest 'treline' (trey-lee-nay please..) as a good name for it...

• Andy Konisberg (5/23/2005 4:29:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I made a posting on the form of haikus and senryus a minute ago, if anyone wants to check it out: -)

[Hata Bildir]