Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Herbert Nehrlich1 (10/1/2005 8:29:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Talking about spies, I wonder why someone would attempt to play the cloak and dagger game if he/she was ill-equipped for it.
    If you take on someone else's identity to fool others why would you wear their exact clothes, or write in the same style, conveniently copying the dont, wont
    and id be's?
    Well, I guess we can always invent friends if we don't have any.
    This scenario has been written about at length by at least five poets.
    Any comments?
    Best(=) H

Replies for this message:
    • Max Reif (10/2/2005 12:17:00 PM) Post reply

Let's hear what Poetry Hound has to say!

• Allan James Saywell (10/1/2005 11:04:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

you have a point herbert i have three and i dont think they are a secret because someone in management must know your different identities there is a fourth but he was shot by the powers that be, m ... more

• Allan James Saywell (10/1/2005 6:07:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

MY UNCLE SAID THE GREATEST COMMANDMENT WAS NEVER PICK YOUR NOSE WITH YOUR
    ELBOW ESPCIALLY IF Elbow is your pet mouse

• Max Reif (10/1/2005 6:56:00 PM) Post reply

He is a sensible uncle, Allan, you should listen to everything he says.

• Max Reif (10/1/2005 4:41:00 PM) Post reply

Mighty quiet on the ole Forum today...TOO quiet.

• Max Reif (10/1/2005 10:01:00 AM) Post reply

PAID AD: Last chance to get in on the Bob Dylan 'Corpus Exquisitus'. It should come out some time in 2007, at this rate. Just send me a note in my INBOX, if you want to be included. (In all truth, I'm thinking maybe Monday it'll be together, in all its brevity)

• Max Reif (10/1/2005 10:00:00 AM) Post reply

I felt sad one day when I couldn't think of any way to contribute to the discussion my poet friends were having. That day's discussion required more reading than I had time for, I think.

This place is like an ongoing conversation-fest in a cyber-pub, toasting with cyber-ale. I LOVE cyber-ale. When you feel drunk, you know it's THE MOMENT!

Yeah we're also like leg exercises: apart, together, apart, together...

Yeah, there's the occasional interloper with a cyber-bike-chain, but even he/she eventually gets drowned out in the good cheer.

And yeah, sometimes, as Michael says, poets do 'eat each other', but that's, well, it's like in that Robert Heinlein's unique novel, 'STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND' where, when two people really love one another, one of them 'wastes the other as food' (eats him) , AND IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO DOES THE EATING. (Well, it's *sort* of like that, if you put on your romantacizing glasses) .

And, once in awhile, we even discuss poetry! I'll drink to that!

• allan james saywell (10/1/2005 1:52:00 AM) Post reply

hello poets and strangers your little marygold has arrived to inform you that my little poem on sexual position has been posted and i hope all you young ones start working out so you can practise i suggest GERRY GIVES IT A MISS
    he appears to be too angry its all that chilly weather in melbourne
    by the way it's not a song it's a poem

• Jerry Hughes Rookie - 1st Stage (10/1/2005 1:43:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Work of genius? Come on Herbert, that's really stretching a long bow? How about a sporadic worthwhile piece written by those not totally 'up themslves, ' yet. I believe P H should produce a limited run magazine suitable for backside wiping.
    But I'll leave you to fight amongst yourselves. Cheers regardless, Jerry

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (10/1/2005 3:18:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Magazine would be feasible, however, glossy pages MUST be crumpled repeatedly to create a more 'receptive' surface. Experience from post war days in 1945-50. H

• Jerry Hughes Rookie - 1st Stage (10/1/2005 12:14:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

sorry to inform you, you're all wrong, . It'll be limited edition toilet paper. And what could be fairer than that? I'll let you know. Jerry

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (10/1/2005 1:18:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Jerry, we will have no option but to wash out your mouth with H2SO4, followed by a stinging nettle rinse and one night sitting on a Walla Walla commode. It must be clear even to the suffy Melbournian ... more

• Max Reif Rookie - 1st Stage (9/30/2005 10:19:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

I heard PH is going to publish the complete FORUM discussions, in hardback!
    (798,000 pages!)

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (9/30/2005 11:45:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Here I am again. My first post was wiped but I cannot remember what it was. Could it be the company i keep? Black Magic..... H

• Allan James Saywell (9/30/2005 11:02:00 PM) Post reply

why dont you do the poets wars they would be a best seller, people like humour poet's discomfort you would have a complete soap opera, it would sell people love to laugh

To read all of 3 replies click here
  • Herbert Nehrlich1 Rookie - 1st Stage (9/30/2005 10:03:00 PM) Post reply

Oh Woman of magic
    how sad and how tragic
    that you will not fly
    on your broom to the sky
    and descend at my cave
    where I rant and I rave.

I would show you my magic
    and as God loves the phagic
    he rewards those who think
    that it's love on the brink.

I cleaned this up a bit before posting. Emilie does not condone explicit poems on the forum.
    H

[Hata Bildir]