Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Mary Nagy (10/4/2005 2:12:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies Stage

I'm sorry somebody has done that to Pauls work Andrea. I think there are many of us here that have experienced this '1- hit' at one time or another....myself included. It's not fair and it does hurt since they don't say why or who they are. It's never 'ok' to just click a 1 vote on a person's poems just because of your personal feelings for them. Although, if they feel a '1' is warranted, they do have the option. When you get a 1 vote on each of your poems, it's usually pretty obvious you've ticked somebody off. I'm sure his work will bounce back. Sincerely, mary

Replies for this message:
    • ***** ***** (10/4/2005 5:19:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies Stage

Unfortunately, Paul is one of the victims of Netvenom. It will continue and as time passes, he has seemed the worst offender but I will say that I know two truths to be the case. I must stress that ... more

• Alice Vedral Rivera (10/4/2005 4:21:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I have gotten a few ones with no comments and I just figured that if what I wrote got that strong of a reaction then I'll just leave it there. Of course, I would prefer to know why so I could improve ... more

• Mary Nagy (10/4/2005 7:36:00 AM) Post reply | Read 3 replies Stage

Not to change the subject.........with so many different parts of the world represented here at poemhunter I am curious how many celebrate Halloween (or similar) ? Or, is this just an American holiday? And, before somebody tells me to 'just google it'........I much prefer hearing personal opinions and experiences from people first-hand rather than a one-on-one with a machine. If I googled everything I ever wanted to know there would be very little use for human contact. I'm just curious who all celebrates Halloween or a holiday similar to this with trick or treating and the whole thing. Sincerely, Mary

• sheila knowles (10/4/2005 1:26:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Hi Mary You do know it's originally an irish festival. Google 'Samhain' and you'll find all you need to know. Love it, always have. There was no trick or treat though, when I was a kid. We knocked ... more

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (10/4/2005 7:46:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Mary, the American influence has taken hold Down Under. So the trick or treat thing is well established. May I point your head toward my poem on the subject of Halloween? 'THe Halloween Dentist'? Be ... more

To read all of 3 replies click here
  • Herbert Nehrlich1 (10/4/2005 6:00:00 AM) Post reply Stage

As a further thought, Collette, it would please me no end if you could check with me prior to removing a perfectly valid comment. I shall endeavour to help you to make this difficult decision.
    Thank you and keep up the undercover work.
    H

• Jerry Hughes (10/4/2005) Post reply Stage

thank you for the warning, Andrew. I'm certain I don't need the masochistic displeasure of labouring through Nikhil's masterwork, in any guise.

• allan james saywell (10/3/2005 6:10:00 AM) Post reply | Read 7 replies Stage

good morning everybody isn't it a lovely day, oh i forgot it's night over in
    America isn't it

To read all of 7 replies click here
  • Herbert Nehrlich1 (10/1/2005 8:29:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies Stage

Talking about spies, I wonder why someone would attempt to play the cloak and dagger game if he/she was ill-equipped for it.
    If you take on someone else's identity to fool others why would you wear their exact clothes, or write in the same style, conveniently copying the dont, wont
    and id be's?
    Well, I guess we can always invent friends if we don't have any.
    This scenario has been written about at length by at least five poets.
    Any comments?
    Best(=) H

• Max Reif (10/2/2005 12:17:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Let's hear what Poetry Hound has to say!

• Allan James Saywell (10/1/2005 11:04:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

you have a point herbert i have three and i dont think they are a secret because someone in management must know your different identities there is a fourth but he was shot by the powers that be, m ... more

• Allan James Saywell (10/1/2005 6:07:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

MY UNCLE SAID THE GREATEST COMMANDMENT WAS NEVER PICK YOUR NOSE WITH YOUR
    ELBOW ESPCIALLY IF Elbow is your pet mouse

• Max Reif (10/1/2005 6:56:00 PM) Post reply Stage

He is a sensible uncle, Allan, you should listen to everything he says.

• Max Reif (10/1/2005 4:41:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Mighty quiet on the ole Forum today...TOO quiet.

• Max Reif (10/1/2005 10:01:00 AM) Post reply Stage

PAID AD: Last chance to get in on the Bob Dylan 'Corpus Exquisitus'. It should come out some time in 2007, at this rate. Just send me a note in my INBOX, if you want to be included. (In all truth, I'm thinking maybe Monday it'll be together, in all its brevity)

• Max Reif (10/1/2005 10:00:00 AM) Post reply Stage

I felt sad one day when I couldn't think of any way to contribute to the discussion my poet friends were having. That day's discussion required more reading than I had time for, I think.

This place is like an ongoing conversation-fest in a cyber-pub, toasting with cyber-ale. I LOVE cyber-ale. When you feel drunk, you know it's THE MOMENT!

Yeah we're also like leg exercises: apart, together, apart, together...

Yeah, there's the occasional interloper with a cyber-bike-chain, but even he/she eventually gets drowned out in the good cheer.

And yeah, sometimes, as Michael says, poets do 'eat each other', but that's, well, it's like in that Robert Heinlein's unique novel, 'STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND' where, when two people really love one another, one of them 'wastes the other as food' (eats him) , AND IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO DOES THE EATING. (Well, it's *sort* of like that, if you put on your romantacizing glasses) .

And, once in awhile, we even discuss poetry! I'll drink to that!

[Hata Bildir]