Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Allan James Saywell (11/8/2005 8:47:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

THANK GOD YOUNG PEOPLE ARE SO INNOCENT I WROTE A POEM THIS MORNING ABOUT TARTS
    A YOUNG GIRL SUPPOSEDLY FIFTEEN SAID IT WAS A GREAT POEM ABOUT TARTS AND IT
    WAS ABOUT TARTS OF COURSE WE ALL KNOW THERE ARE MANY TARTS I'M JUST GLAD THAT SHE SAW A CHILDS TART AND NOT MY TART SHE EMAILED ME AND SAID SHE LIKES MY WORK
    THEN I THOUGHT TO MYSELF OH HELL I HOPE THAT MY POEMS DONT OFFEND ANYONE BUT
    AS POETS WE HAVE TO WRITE THE TRUTH AS WE SEE IT AND YOUNG PEOPLE HAVE TO BE OUR CRITICS AND HAVE THE RIGHT TO CAST JUDGMENT

Replies for this message:
    • ***** ********* (11/9/2005 11:43:00 AM) Post reply

I agree, to a degree, you little orstralian tinker (that's an English accent by the way! lol) I must remember however that there are kids on this site. At my previous haunt, I was kept away from un ... more

• ***** ********* (11/8/2005 5:24:00 PM) Post reply | Read 5 replies

I'm told if I insult one of you guys on here, someone will whisper sweet french nothings in my ear! I'm a bit naive ya know. Was the bar steward lying to me or what?

Hello I'm Smiling Tai

• Lucy Burrow (11/9/2005 7:38:00 AM) Post reply

The only sweet nothings I ever get are....... No sugar, NO CHOCOLATE, No cakes, No sweeets, no biscuits........ Of course, I never listen! ! ! ! ; 0) Lucy

• ***** ********* (11/9/2005 6:21:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Thanks guy and gals, what do you mean Michael? I am all woman mate, I just kick off like you guys tend to! because I am a tough cookie when provoked! Sherrie, how do you cope with so many poetic re ... more

• Michael Shepherd (11/9/2005 4:58:00 AM) Post reply

A mixture of classy poetry, shrewd personal insults, your personal measurements, and an invented persona - even a change of virtual gender - will take you far on this Forum: a line of drooling dogs fo ... more

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (11/8/2005 8:55:00 PM) Post reply

No more sweet words on your poems you n ... more

• Allan James Saywell (11/8/2005 5:44:00 PM) Post reply

WELL HELLO IT'S NICE TO HAVE A BIT OF FR ... more

• Max Renn (11/8/2005 3:12:00 PM) Post reply | Read 4 replies

I am a new member from Demark

I am completely new to the site

please don't make disturbing remarks about me.

• Bridgid Patrick (11/8/2005 1:52:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

hello everybody. pls rate my poems. dont be too harsh thanks

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (11/8/2005 4:23:00 PM) Post reply

Don't listen to Miranda. H

• Michael Shepherd (11/8/2005 2:37:00 PM) Post reply

Bridget, I think that for the moment you should be satisfied with the comments that those of your own age leave on your poems. Older poets might be unkind about bad spelling, words missed out, the ago ... more

• Joseph Daly (11/8/2005 1:37:00 PM) Post reply | Read 9 replies

Oh do come on people. Lyric writers and poets are not the same thing simply because they deal in words. To compare lyrics to poetry is on par with comparing a Guiness ad with a David Lynch film. They serve a different purpose. Cohen, Dylan and the semi illiterate David Gray can hardly be classed as poetical let alone poets.

I speak from experience.

• Rookie - 0 Points Joseph Daly (11/8/2005 1:31:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Can I ask any serious readers to check out Sal Carter's work as it is truely incredible. This is a real talent in the making.

• Michael Shepherd (11/8/2005 3:11:00 PM) Post reply

I totally agree, and thanks. And not just 'in the making' - one or two are a tour de force of recreated actuality that can chill. This guy's going far.

• Rookie - 0 Points Michael Shepherd (11/8/2005 12:57:00 PM) Post reply

Lori, fantastic work. Alphabetically by author I reckon is enough to negotiate the volume, and saves having an index.

• Rookie - 0 Points Lori Boulard (11/8/2005 12:48:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Happy Tuesday, all. So we have 32 contributors and roughly 80 poems, some of which may spill into two-pagers. When I hear yay or nay from the last that got in under the wire, I'll list them. PoHo, no more invites, 'kay?

Now, how do I organize these? Theme is nice but difficult; alphabetically? Randomly to mix it up? Let me know, I'm not calling this one.

• Ernestine Northover (11/8/2005 3:24:00 PM) Post reply

I agree, alphabetically is the most sensible way I think. Anything to make your job as easy as possible Lori, I adfmire what you are doing. Sincerely Ernestine

• Mary Nagy (11/8/2005 1:42:00 PM) Post reply

I agree alphabetically will save alot of ''bickering'' too! (not that anyone would!)

• Rookie - 0 Points Rev. Dr. A. Jacob Hassler (11/8/2005 11:56:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

for those of you Poets and Hunters who enjoy the troubadours like Leonard Cohen and David Gray, i highly recommend tuning in to David Berkeley. i've seen him perform twice, and he is just magnificent. he has some outstanding insight for being rather young (late 20's?) he has no major label representation, but has his own website and soundbites on Amazon.

Jake

• Rev. Dr. A. Jacob Hassler (11/8/2005 11:57:00 AM) Post reply

p.s. not that major label rep is anything significant. but a year ago, i couldn't find him on the internet anywhere.

• Rookie - 0 Points John Kay (11/8/2005 10:08:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Friends...I just posted 'Keine Stimme, ' a poem that took a long time to build, and within a few minutes it is on page two. If you have a chance, I'd appreciate you giving it a read. I bankrolled this one with my soul.

Danke, John

• Mary Nagy (11/8/2005 10:48:00 AM) Post reply

I agree.........so touching! You are a wonderfull poet John Kay! Sincerely, Mary

• Lori Boulard (11/8/2005 10:20:00 AM) Post reply

John, I for one caught this one, and it's a real whammy. A direct hammer-hit to the nail. Everyone, check it out.

[Hata Bildir]