Members Who Read Most Number Of Poems

Live Scores

Click here to see the rest of the list

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

• Frank Ovid (4/20/2014 10:13:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

Dots and Dashes, are we the only sane people here?Or are you going to disappoint too?Now I've got Palmer basically kissing Acker's a*s to get in a 'nice' reply. Are you kidding me?What a joke this place is! This place is like a bad Addam's Family episode. Worse than I could have ever imagined. I used to trust Jeff's judgement, but now I know he's either senile, or he's friggin ACKER! !

(Dots, help me Son! Help me to understand! !)

(Palmer, why did you turn into such a p*ssy?I don't get it?)

Replies for this message:
    • Frank Ovid (4/21/2014 8:19:00 AM) Post reply

Thank God. I'm glad. (Isn't Delilah kind of mean though?She scares me)

• -. - . _. (4/21/2014 7:05:00 AM) Post reply

gentleman 1. a chivalrous, courteous, or honourable man. " he behaved throughout like a perfect gentleman"

• -. - . _. (4/21/2014 7:03:00 AM) Post reply

(Sherrie, Angie, Delilah) genuine 1 (of a person, emotion, or action) sincere. " a genuine attempt to put things right"

• Mike Acker (4/20/2014 7:35:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Jefferson Carter's poem as reply

• -. - . _. (4/20/2014 7:47:00 PM) Post reply

Jefferson Carter (4/18/2014 3: 32: 00 PM) Post reply .................... my protege........................! ! !

• Mike Acker (4/20/2014 7:36:00 PM) Post reply

Anyone who can't place J.C. at the top of his list of, at least the active poets on this forum, is either an idiot, or has an ax to grind. The poem below is an effin gem. Not a single superfluous word ... more

• Dan Reynolds (4/20/2014 6:07:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Are any of you familiar with either the Trigee or Cleave form of poetry.
    This was written in that(Those) style(s) .

The Well-Wishing Stranger (Trigee)

Chameleonic……………..……chaperone of
    interloper………………….…..coming home
    waltzing through………….the Old Dancehall
    familiar lands………. where hope now stands.

• delilah contrapunctal (4/21/2014 3:01:00 AM) Post reply

when I first came to PH, all those years ago, I was experimenting with this (these) style(s) .....and may have posted some..though with PH's difficulty in brinbing stuffs to the page here, formatted ... more

• Mike Acker (4/20/2014 2:45:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Man On The Move (revised) as reply......

• Mike Acker (4/20/2014 2:49:00 PM) Post reply

Man On The Move (revised) He sat outside a Starbuck's, a coffee cup in hand, with his legs crossed, bent over with a cigarette hanging. He had just parked his life, safely, between a nissan ... more

• Wadin Hooyo (4/20/2014 12:37:00 PM) Post reply

Sunday Morning
    by Wadin Hooyo

The two n$pples look at each other
    and giggle excitedly,
    while the navel glances up and smiles.
    The va@g$ina keeps on daydreaming.

• Jefferson Carter (4/20/2014 10:22:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Frank, are you saying Mike Acker is the troll? He's assured me over and over that he isn't. If it turns out he is, I'll be very pissed off! ! There are some indications he is the troll (his never attacking me, the troll's use of the same words (big bird, stumps, etc.) , his unrelenting dislike of Lamont, but until he admits it, I just have to trust he is who he says he isn't. I hope he isn't.

• -. - . _. (4/20/2014 11:05:00 AM) Post reply

Jefferson Carter Male,91, United States (2/12/2014 3: 25: 00 PM) Bluebird, do you really think Acker is Real Scotty Dog, Tony, Therrie, etc?It seems possible though he swore to me he waSN'T, but m ... more

• Frank Ovid (4/20/2014 9:58:00 AM) Post reply

Palmer, you see what this moron is all about?He deleted your (fair) post like he did mine last night. He doesn't want to be involved in discussions about poetry. Don't ever fool yourself into being nice to him. He's all of these racist, Nazi, buffoon personas on here and nobody will convince me otherwise; it's on like Donkey-Kong now. You think YOU ripped him to shreds?You haven't seen anything yet.

• Mike Acker (4/19/2014 4:34:00 PM) Post reply

A poem is like a Swiss watch maker's watch. It is not about the the time, but the craftsmanship.
    (My words, although I may have heard or read something similar in the last year or so.)
    Mike Acker
    I don't like the truth stated above, as I prefer to start with content, but the truth is the truth!

• Mike Acker (4/19/2014 11:48:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Sunset...

• Mike Acker (4/19/2014 11:50:00 AM) Post reply

Sunset The man in the blue shirt, the yellow pants and black shoes, the one who carries his heart in his left hand, crossed the steel bridge at sunset. He could barely see his shadow. O ... more

• Mike Acker (4/19/2014 11:41:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Low as reply....

• Mike Acker (4/19/2014 11:43:00 AM) Post reply

Low The wind made its presence known by rustling the top branches sending shivers through their leaves. It marked its territory, up there. " You are low" , I heard it blow. Y ... more

[Hata Bildir]