Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

• Rookie - 260 Points Sean North (11/1/2014 2:40:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

ThanKs a thanks nd Thnx emm... esp the stalker hits... woo wee...

Replies for this message:
    • Sean North (11/1/2014 8:11:00 AM) Post reply

2t......................................................................................................................

• Rookie - 176 Points metamorphhh (aka jim crawford) (10/31/2014 6:41:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! My traditional Halloween/Easter poem, posted as a reply:

• metamorphhh (aka jim crawford) (10/31/2014 6:42:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Night of the Living Jesus Did your momma ever tell you, when you were snuggled in your bed, about the man named Jesus?How he rose up from the dead? Well, now that the players are all long gone, ... more

• Freshman - 1,698 Points Lyn Paul (10/31/2014 6:18:00 PM) Post reply

Good day.. Any ideas on what to do with all of my saved poetry?I have 17 pages and that will be my ink if I print.
    Thanks for sharing. Lyn

• Rookie - 453 Points Bull Hawking (10/31/2014 3:51:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Did I leave my glasses in here?

• Rookie - 0 Points Marlin Ringler (10/31/2014 3:03:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Skye McKay is a fraud. My Closet was written by me! Skip Ringler. I want it removed. Have doubts?Why is her inner child a boy?

• Mandolyn ... (10/31/2014 4:41:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

because someone just took your lunch money and you are freaking hungry sure, you have banana from snack recess still turning brown inside your backpack... but how disappointing. you want the fis ... more

• Frank Ovid (10/31/2014 4:31:00 PM) Post reply

It looked like Burt Reynolds?

• Rookie - 0 Points Marlin Ringler (10/31/2014 2:50:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

I just discovered a poem I wrote claimed by someone on this site with their name at the end. What can I do about this?

• John Westlake (11/1/2014 5:09:00 AM) Post reply

This sounds pretty serious. First up, make sure the remainder of your poems are safe. Second, you can report the poem. You will have to probably have to prove to the poem hunter administration tha ... more

• John Westlake (11/1/2014 5:03:00 AM) Post reply

You can report the poem to the poem hunter administration. The problem is that you would have to prove to them that the poem was was stolen from you and I am not sure how best to do that. I wish you ... more

• Mandolyn ... (10/31/2014 4:37:00 PM) Post reply

yikes! i thought about how anyone can do that. that's why i write crap. *exits with a heel click

• Rookie - 318 Points Alice Vedral Rivera (10/31/2014 1:21:00 PM) Post reply

a little Halloween fun...

Halloween Stroll

Crackle, crackle
    Dusty shadows
    Crunch and cackle
    Follow hollow
    Pounding footsteps

Cracks of thunder
    Broken branches
    Over, under
    Snap and scream
    Spooky Doppler

The Big Bopper
    Sings Chantilly lace
    And a pretty face
    But I digress
    As trees undress

On this unholy
    Wooded path
    To who knows where
    I stroll and stare
    At the murky water

The misted river
    Seems to swerve
    Around the curve
    Of my pretty neck
    As I do swear

This wretched dream
    Will be my last trek
    Unnerved through this
    Forest preserve
    On Halloween

© Alice Vedral Rivera – 10/30/2014 12: 11pm

• Rookie - 395 Points Adam M. Snow (10/30/2014 6:01:00 PM) Post reply

Burning
    Written by Adam M. Snow

Burning;
    I am burning
    on my knees
    - fallen
    - praying.
    Engulfing flame
    burning bright,
    see me now
    in Holy light.

Burning;
    soothing flame
    embraces me.
    See me now
    tongue of fire,
    burning bright
    on my knees
    - fallen
    - praying
    in utter tongue
    throughout the night;
    burning words
    from my lips.
    Salvation come
    manifest.
    - El Shaddai!
    - El Shaddai!

I am burning
    engulfing flame,
    in a blaze
    glory-found,
    burning bright
    where darkness found.

See me now
    engulf in flame,
    Heaven's torch,
    burning bright
    on my knees
    - fallen
    - praying
    - humble
    - burning.
    In a blaze
    burning bright.
    darkness flee
    I ignite
    - blazing.

Burning;
    I am burning
    on my knees
    - fallen
    - praying.
    - El Shaddai!
    - El Shaddai!

• Rookie - 914 Points Professor Plum (10/30/2014 11:08:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Right now, at this very moment (well, since it's PoemHunter, it was about 30 minutes ago) there is ONE person from Italy on this site. I wonder who that person is?ONE FREAKING guy in Italy is perusing the pages of PoemHunter at this exact point in time. Relatively speaking, that is. What's his name?Giuseppe?Maybe it's Fredrico Fellini's grandson. That would be cool. " Yo! Giuseppe! Your Grandpa made killer movies! Stop with the garlic already, huh! ?"

• Rookie - 237 Points Gexg Lalnuna (10/30/2014 1:11:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Can anyone give me simple explanation of Geoffrey Chaucer poem " A Balade of Complaint" .what kind of poem does it belong?What the fuss is all about?

• Professor Plum (10/30/2014 10:19:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Simple?Ha-ha! Nothing is ever " simple" , Gexg. Chaucer was a rhymer and a rhythm-er, and he also complained a lot. Loved his " Balades" and yet constantly complained about them. H ... more

[Hata Bildir]