Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

• Gold Star - 13,362 Points Gangadharan Nair Pulingat (12/17/2014 9:09:00 AM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Poets are not always the opinion makers but poets are the catalysts to opinions in world events. They cannot blindly write poems but actually with due consideration and observation of the world.

• Rookie - 723 Points The Pundit (12/16/2014 12:17:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I Tried to Do a Dog

cumbrous going down no time to ponder
    burnt amber shag freckles swapping
    places on faces sitting crisscross
    applesauce legs touching underneath

a dining room table lips pressed together
    a harsh light from a kitchen surrounds it
    outside the body like now tottering
    not even a last glimpse at verdure

children squeal the echoes strangled
    four bare feet

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie - 723 Points Nathan Beery (12/17/2014 8:34:00 PM) Post reply

I hate to ask but is this personal experience... no never mind I don't want to know.

• Rookie - 723 Points The Pundit (12/16/2014 11:33:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Well! I must say, somebody took Max to the woodshed didn't they?Nice poem!

• Rookie - 723 Points The Pundit (12/16/2014 10:07:00 PM) Post reply

Well, the'Max' poem is gone. Is that PH or the author?It's a shame there's such weak individuals out there with no sense of humor, and egos like stained glass. I liked that poem. It wasn't great, but ... more

• Rookie - 945 Points Timothy Walters (12/16/2014 1:43:00 AM) Post reply

Friendship

When you see your friends smile,
    Can you not help but smile along?
    And when they are feeling down,
    Can you not help but feel down too?
    For friendship is the common ground on which we gel,
    This we know only too well.

• Rookie - 723 Points The Pundit (12/15/2014 6:45:00 PM) Post reply

Who writes the wackiest posts on the forum?Pranab or Sean North?Sean gets the nod for creativity, but Pranab, with his Beckettian ability to confound, should get his fair share of votes. Merry Christmas to both of them, and their clitoris'! !

• Rookie - 760 Points Jerry Hughes (12/15/2014 5:25:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Compliments of the season Nimal, and to you're family. Warmest best wishes, Jerry & Alison

• Freshman - 2,073 Points Pranab K Chakraborty (12/14/2014 12:38:00 AM) Post reply

Quiet brilliant the codes to apply but so hazy, really undone to get its access.

• Rookie - 923 Points Gulsher John (12/12/2014 8:16:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Into the Wild

The sitting sun, wrestling
    with the clouds, and
    kindles the sky
    with pale reds; and snaps
    her glory, loitering in the wild.

But i see winters in
    her smiles, often synced in tears.
    O, this world is like a belly
    of beast, spouting acid
    into love and peace.

The time crept by
    slowly, still her innocence
    trances my dreams. And I
    can hear her whisperings endlessly
    walk on the barren moors.

• Rookie - 760 Points Jerry Hughes (12/12/2014 4:39:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

A merry clitoris ya'll. Cheers

• Gold Star - 13,362 Points Gangadharan Nair Pulingat (12/12/2014 8:25:00 AM) Post reply

Today I read the poem Tree of Joyce Kilmer. Unfortunately I was not so much heard about this great poet who has gone for ever in world war in such an younger age of 31. His biography states. I found his poems so realistic and beautiful in all respects. A great poetic mind.

[Hata Bildir]