Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

• Rookie - 144 Points Shifty Moriarty (3/1/2015 5:51:00 PM) Post reply
    1 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Acker is back dangling
    from a cross. He's got
    the Jesus persecution
    complex. He thinks
    he can walk on water.
    He can only pi*s in it.

• Rookie - 144 Points Shifty Moriarty (3/1/2015 5:47:00 PM) Post reply

I hate that plum professor
    he aint got no juice left
    in him, he is known locally
    as pip squeak, his poems
    are prunes, his wife looks
    like an olive tree in Alaska

• Freshman - 1,420 Points Professor Plum (3/1/2015 5:38:00 PM) Post reply

I think I'm going to go ahead and start getting into it with some people on here. SO BORING, lately. Too many 'nice' people, terrible poets, and all around riff-raff. Let's get the old hatred happening again. How about it, people??

• Rookie - 5 Points Deborah Cromer (3/1/2015 11:49:00 AM) Post reply

Thanks everybody for all the wonderful messages I just found in my inbox! It's been so long since I visited Poemhunter-I see good changes! I was looking at one of my poems and it began being read outloud to me. Wow, fantastic. Any other changes I'm not aware of yet?I will be able to take a little time now and read some of the poems you have been working on since I've been away! Keep up the good work poets! ! ! I saw you've been reading my works as well. Thank you for that. This is an amazing bunch of writers on this site! Good works from good people. Excellent to see all of you writing good pieces! ! !

• Rookie - 0 Points Lyle Wagner (2/27/2015 12:17:00 AM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

I have just jointed PoemHunter and Submitted one of my poems.... when does it appear on the site?And where do I find the reviews of it?I have written close to 300pieces of poetry... and a few short stories... want to work on a novel about my life, I have over 100pages in long hand.... it helps that I was a printer by trade, and my Mother was a proofreader by trade....I am very proud of my first book and it being registered with the library of Congress..... love and peace to all, I am looking forward to new friendships.

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie - 0 Points Tony Miller (3/1/2015 1:47:00 AM) Post reply

yes, nothings there

• Rookie - 0 Points Hugh Everard (2/28/2015 1:35:00 AM) Post reply

Hi Lyle this has happened to me now and again its no big deal check your posting rules and resubmit

• Rookie - 0 Points Soul Watcher (2/27/2015 2:04:00 AM) Post reply

Hi, I found nothing in your page! Are sure that you've added your poem?! Check your site and make sure of this.

• Rookie - 0 Points Lyle Wagner (2/27/2015 12:17:00 AM) Post reply

I have just jointed PoemHunter and Submitted one of my poems.... when does it appear on the site?And where do I find the reviews of it?I have written close to 300pieces of poetry... and a few short stories... want to work on a novel about my life, I have over 100pages in long hand.... it helps that I was a printer by trade, and my Mother was a proofreader by trade....I am very proud of my first book and it being registered with the library of Congress..... love and peace to all, I am looking forward to new friendships.

• Rookie - 21 Points Danya Qattea (2/26/2015 5:08:00 PM) Post reply

Hey Guys,
    please check out my latest poem (Harsh Words) . Thank You! !

• Freshman - 1,225 Points Dan Reynolds (2/26/2015 2:19:00 AM) Post reply

Latest breaking(almost) news form Madonna's fall at the Brits. Apparently she was making a tribute to Michael Jackson, but could only find a leather mitten. She admitted afterwards, " it's hard to justify my glove?"

• Rookie - 423 Points ... Dog God 8hate (2/25/2015 8:59:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

+

life o' MEAT and
    no CONFECTION

So ...

shifting with juncture demands
    i'm checking for a loose shoe-lace
    (too, plodders may trip
    due to, cagily-pitted paths)
    i'm hardly convinced, though,
    a deficit due, my careless tie.

Momentarily, it's a bad place,
    there's less than
    a penny's-pence in pleasure.

And so ...

perfectly formed decorum
    appears where, in this land o'
    catty-stealth that steals?
    Yet, justification's wing
    fly's a distance unknown
    not even god goes there.

Like all ...

i'm subject mental shifts.
    bullying gods push with ease
    such anemic souls
    of this more-than-by-now
    10,000-year ... thrashing.

Despised variously
    by Heaven n' Hell
    fate has eaten these rebuffed
    flesh n' soul like candy
    there's naught but empty
    wrappers, now

We need more-than justified
    CONFECTION, after all those
    perfidious bites, of ...

raw ... MEAT!

. .

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie - 423 Points Professor Plum (3/1/2015 3:12:00 PM) Post reply

Is Mr. Miller serious?This poet is a treasure, Sir! Damn you!

• Rookie - 423 Points Tony Miller (3/1/2015 1:37:00 AM) Post reply

gibberish. a bunch of clich├ęs put thru a blender in a search for 'originality'. or at best, Geoffrey hill at his worst

• Rookie - 423 Points Professor Plum (2/26/2015 8:52:00 AM) Post reply

I love this one. I've read it before, no?Maybe you reworked it or something?Great poem!

• Silver Star - 8,757 Points Rajnish Manga (2/25/2015 12:48:00 AM) Post reply

Two wonderful poems, having (in parts) a striking similarity of outlook towards life and its search of peace, has caught my attention. I request all friends to read both these poems in full and enjoy their immense poetic beauty and value, though It is not my intention to compare the two poems. Here are the extracts from these poems by two eminent poets:

Farewell by Valsa George (Feb.24,2015)

Weep not dear ones, sigh no more
    From all anguish, life at last set free
    The vessel has anchored on its port
    Cutting across waves that roar

Now I sleep gently, sleep in peace
    Life's Story by Sandra Feldman (Feb.25,2015)

Life is but a battered ship,
    With painful, ragged sails,
    Looking for a port to rest,
    To escape the Wind's cold wails.

[Hata Bildir]