Treasure Island

Looking For A Poem

Can't find a poem you've heard once? Ask other visitors for help. Also share explanations and summaries of poems.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Elissa C United States (12/21/2012 12:46:00 AM)

So I have been trying to recall the name of a poem for several years now so that I can find it, hopefully someone will have an idea. I read it in a book of childrens poems, it was about a girl in a pond who was guarded by frogs with spears and fish. All the creatures thought she was asleep but she was dead. There were parts about reeds in her hair or something of the like. In the book there was a picture of a girl in the water in a white dress with the fore mentioned frogs. It is an older poem, I know its a long shot but if anyone has any idea what poem it may be I would be very grateful. Thanks.

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Joe Kelly (12/25/2012 2:27:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Hi
    This poem could well be from the mid-19th century and was writen by Irish poet, William Allingham; The titel of the poem, 'Up the Airy Mountain.

• Joe Kelly (12/25/2012 2:12:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Hi
    This poem you're looking for might be the one written in the mid-19th century by a poet called William Allingham, called, 'Up the Airy Mountain'?Here are the first few lines

'Up the airy mountain, down the rushy glen
    We darent go a hunting for hear of little men'.

Hope this is the lead you're looking for. Good Luck!

Replies for this message:
    • Elissa C (1/14/2013 7:57:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Thank you so very much, I have been looking for ages, it is exactly the one I was looking for.

[Hata Bildir]