Treasure Island

Looking For A Poem

Can't find a poem you've heard once? Ask other visitors for help. Also share explanations and summaries of poems.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Lisa Hills United States (5/21/2012 10:02:00 PM)

I'm actually trying to find a collection of poems....it probably came out between 1995 and 2004. The author was a woman in her twenties, and the collection was rather disturbing, as I recall, because it dealt with childhood abuse and (I think) incest, which weren't quite as publically acknowledged at the time as they have been over the past several years. I seem to recall that the poems also dealt with the problems of adult romantic relationships for someone of her history, though she portrayed herself as very glamorous and attractive. (A blonde, I believe.) Anyway, the book made quite an impression on me, and though I haven't thought of it in years, I'm surprised I've forgotten so much about it! If anyone has any ideas, please respond.

Thanks!

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Lisa Hills (11/23/2012 6:05:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Hi there-if anyone is interested, I finally figured out what poetry collection this is. It's *Human Nature* by Alice Anderson. Haven't re-read yet, so no further details at present.
    LLH

[Hata Bildir]