Learn More

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Rookie Shakara Bradley (2/17/2005 2:22:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Hi, I'm looking for some Black poets...do you guys have any in mind?

Replies for this message:

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Rookie Kate Sarah (2/17/2005 1:42:00 PM) Post reply

I am looking for a contemporary poem, several stanzas long, where somewhere in the middle it talks about how the narrator feels himself rushing and rushing through the day/his life and then mentions cathedrals/churches and interstates/highways. I know this is not much to go by but I heard it only once and have been searching for it since....Thanks!

• Rookie Peter Frazer (2/16/2005 6:15:00 AM) Post reply

Hey I'm looking for a Poem by 'Frederico Garcia Cortez' called 'Adam' can anyone help.

• Rookie Hayley Gamble (2/16/2005 5:32:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

hello im doing a presentation on an australian poem. im in grade 11. but i do not have a poem and i need one with alot of imaginary. anyone know any?

• Rookie Britt Alkire (5/5/2005 5:48:00 PM) Post reply

Haley. It has been 35 years since I read this poem but it stays with me. It's called 'Crossing McQuarry Street, ' and I don't know the author. I think it was a woman. Good luck. If you find one t ... more

• Rookie Pascal Defuns (2/15/2005 9:56:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Does anybody know the writer of a poem called 'Thank you to America'?
    It is a quite ironic poem about the USA and its inhabitants.

Pascal Defuns

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Rookie Heather Schreiber (2/14/2005 6:33:00 PM) Post reply

I am looking for the author or time period of a poem I have read. It talks about the Oso river canyon and the Sierra de San Martin. The narrator is searching for the Oso. He is thirsty and close to death and he finally finds water running from the Sierra de San Martin. Anything will help. Thanks

• Rookie Tricia Akehurst (2/14/2005 5:27:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I seek a poem where the poet discusses his audience; not in the most glowing terms; at a poetry reading or poetry group. Please can you help

• Rookie Richard George (8/5/2005 1:18:00 AM) Post reply

Can I suggest one of my own? Do you (or does anybody) mind? It's called Readings, And Why I Don't Go To Them. It's about readings which are excruciating - but more because of the poetry itself.

• Rookie Sun Salutations (2/14/2005 9:55:00 AM) Post reply

BRIAN PATTEN - desperately looking for a hilarious poem by Brian Patten. I cannot remember the name or find it in the books I have. It is about a funny convesation between a man and a woman and mistaken hair found in the bed. Sort of goes he said she said...........any help would be so gratefully received. e: sunsalutations@hotmail.com thank you

• Rookie Sue Rekenthaler (2/12/2005 9:18:00 PM) Post reply

Looking for a poem that I read quite a while ago. Content is about the last passenger on a New York City bus suggesting to the driver that since it is such a beautiful night, why not drive the bus to the Florida coast.

• Rookie Stijn Van Der Kroon (2/12/2005 4:34:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I'm looking for a simple poem not to long but also not to short, I realy need it, it's for a project at school. I would be very pleased if someone would help me (if my enlish is very bad just say it and i will try to explain it in another way)
    stijn

• Rookie Britt Alkire (5/5/2005 5:56:00 PM) Post reply

Dear Stijn, What a cool name. Are you studying English in Holland? A good poem in English for a student and anyone else is 'My candle burns at both ends, it will not last the night... ' It is by ... more

[Hata Bildir]