Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Earrinde Amalthea (4/23/2005 4:32:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi,

I read a poem a while back and now I cant find it anywhere.

It started with 'I use to believe in Fairy tales.....'

And it went on with how they use to believe in happily ever after etc. It was a beautiful poem and really well written but I cannot find it anywhere!

Does anyone think they have every read anything similar to this?

Thank you! ! !

Replies for this message:
    • Sue Casey (4/27/2005 11:07:00 AM) Post reply

Is this the one? JOJO LYRICS Fairy Tales You know the story You read the books Boy meets girl Then they fall forever in love But I know better So here goes a tale Of the reales ... more

• Jd Zaid (4/12/2005 5:02:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi! I am a new member on this site and was wondering if there are any recommendations for a good poem or something.

• Richard A. Davis SR. (4/25/2005 6:18:00 PM) Post reply

Anything you write from your mindseye and from your heart. Don't worry about structure, Just be yourself.

• Dan Lee (4/11/2005 10:25:00 AM) Post reply

does anyone know the poem 'macho man ' by benjamin zephaniah i have been unable to find a copy anywhere.

• Larry Thorpe (4/11/2005 4:57:00 AM) Post reply

Hi, I am searching for a poem that I read over 60 years ago. The title was GLORY and the first verse went, .. And is this glory quoth the swain who'd listened to a soldiers tale. To fall upon the battle plain or maimed for life be should one fail. To scape of bullet, sword or gun, tis monstrous surely to misname, that wholesale murder I have done, both with carnage, field and fame..
    This was a published poem but all my searches for it have failed. Is there anyone out there who can help please. Thanks. L Thorpe.

• Ellen Gallegos (4/11/2005 12:25:00 AM) Post reply

in school many years ago a teacher of read a poem/song called 'please don't take the girl' I know it was made into a country song but have no idea who sang it. but it was about a young boy and girl growing up together.any help would be appreciated

• Sophie Wagstaff (4/9/2005 11:47:00 AM) Post reply

PLEASE READ I NEED YOUR HELP im 14 and do drama i've lost a poem i need to read for my exam! its by charles causley it starts 'why do you turn your head sussana, and why do you swim your eye its only the children on bellman street calling 'a penny for the guy'. This is all i can remember.i need to know so PLEASE PLEASE help me and email back my exam is on thursday 14th april! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! i need your help THANKS XX

• Grace Evasco (4/7/2005 9:35:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

hello to all!
    can you tell me the title of the poem robin williams read, in the movie patch adams, to the girl that died in the movie? tnx!

• L.r. Feil (4/3/2005 2:17:00 PM) Post reply

Does anyone on the board recognize this poem? I am trying to find out who the author was. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

I've walked the shore a thousand times,
    this time I walk alone.
    Two sets of footsteps in the sand,
    but this time only one.

What happened to my skies of blue?
    Why has it turned to gray?
    Why has the ocean lost its hue?
    What made it fade away?

Miles and miles of endless sea,
    but yet it reaches shore
    O'er sand and rocks and reef
    that smooths its oft fierce roar

I guess that life is like an ocean,
    in many different ways.
    Tides that rise and tides that fall
    nothing stays the same.

But there's one thing, and I'm real certain,
    the sun will rise again
    and with it a brand new day,
    more blue skies ahead my friend!

And the ocean shades of blue
    will once again return,
    and bitter seas of life will cease
    never more to churn

My tracks of one left in the sand
    will be covered up in time
    and all that will for e'er remain,
    is a memory left behind

• Errol Haughton (3/30/2005 1:05:00 PM) Post reply

Hello all,
    I am a new member, looking for a poem from my long pass youth.I was a nine year old, at school in rural Jamaica when introduced to this poem.The said year I was sent to England to join parents. I can't recall the name of the poet or the name of the poem. However, it was a discriprion of Cloumbus's first sighting of Jamaica, or someone on board his ship. Bear with me as I may have some of the spellings wrong........ 'In front a mighty ciba hault to sentinel the land. Far off, dim, distant muted tide wash round a silent strand. Like clouds in dream the white foams grows, fainting on the far off reefs. Sound founders in this space or air......with oacean's grief. And, all is silent save the wind fine sound harp of trees, and some way-faring village shout a vagrant on the breeze. By grass field gold intintured green the daker gongoo spreads................. the western sun shivering lance has struck through quivering leaves.......the forest rank emarshall sweep over yonder mountain head.....

All I can remember, help me recall my youth.

• Hidden Yeti (3/21/2005 5:29:00 PM) Post reply

Hello all.
    I am new here and I am afraid my first request will be a tough one.
    I have searched the internet high and low and have come up empty, so I am turning you for help. I am looking for a poem which I believe is called 'Thirteen Year Old Girl', author unknown to me. I can offer only the synopsis of what I remember and one small snippet which I cannot be sure is an accurate quote - but here goes.
    The poem has a young girl sitting at a window looking out at what I believe is a springtime scene. In the background she hears the Ronettes playing on the radio - the song is 'Be My Baby Now.' I believe she is thinking about boys (big surprise for a 13 year old huh?) . There is one piece of a line that I think I remember almost intact - she sees a bird...

'jump [into the air? from the branch? I don't remember.] with an odd alcarity, as if it knew just what it was doing'.

I am so mad at myself for losing this poem. Even madder for not memorizing something that meant so much to me. I would be in your debt if you can help me find it again.

Peace to you all,
    Hidden Yeti

[Hata Bildir]