Treasure Island

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Vivek Naithani (3/16/2005 9:41:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

hi fellows..
    there was this poem..don't remember the exact lines but something like...
    'all i want in life...is a cabin by the lake to entertain a friend'..
    i know it's too vague..but if anyone get it...please help me out

Replies for this message:
    • Peter A. Crowther (3/17/2005 12:30:00 AM) Post reply

Is it this one - 'The Lake of Innisfree' by W.B. Yeats? It's got a cabin and a lake :) I WILL arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made; ... more

To read all of 2 replies click here
  • Angelo Fragapane (3/15/2005 7:44:00 PM) Post reply

I am trying to find the poem, 'My Birthday'.

The first stanza:

Beneath the moonlight and the snow
    Lies dead my latest year;
    The winter winds are wailing low
    Its dirges in my ear.

I think that the poet was John Greenleaf Whitter.

Thanks for your help in finding it.

Angelo Fragapane

• Robert Brash (3/14/2005 9:09:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am trying to find an interpretation of a poem by Tatamkhulu Afrika - I think the poem was called 'My Village' and the interpretation was by Karl Mercer? ? Can anyone help. I am actually looking for some of Karl Mercer's poems

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Frances Maw (3/11/2005 1:20:00 AM) Post reply

Looking for poems suitable for choral work. Infants (5-7 yrs) , Lower primary(8-9yrs) Upper Primary (10-11yrs) australian country tow eisteddfod- nothing too heavy- humour would be great.
    Frances maw

• Ramond Ramond (3/11/2005 1:11:00 AM) Post reply

one of the apothegm poems by Friedrich von Schiller in 1796.
    I need its standard English version.
    The title is 'Fountain (od spring?) of Youth'
    The content might be:
    Trust me, it's not the myth:
    There is really a Youth Fountain flowing everlastingly.
    You question me: where is it?
    -It's contained in the poetic arts.

This is my version. I need expert version.

• Kevin Krueger (3/10/2005 12:19:00 PM) Post reply

I don't know if this is really a 'looking for a poem' subject, but I am currently writing a research paper on Ted Hughes for my senior year of high school. I have looked everywhere, and I cannot find which collections the five poems I chose came from, the poems being 'Wind, ' 'Hawk Roosting, ' 'Bride and Groom Lie Hidden for Three Days, ' 'Tractor, ' and 'The Harvest Moon.' If anyone could let me know where I can find which collections they came from, or if you can let me know the actual collections it would be much appreciated.

• Mrs Fire (3/6/2005 11:09:00 AM) Post reply

Hi All, I Have searched everywhere for a poem that was read at my Mothers funeral. Unfortunately no one seems to have a copy of it: -(
    I don't have much info, but hopefully someone out there will be able to help me, as my daughter is getting married and would like it read at her wedding in rememberance of her Grandmother. It had something to do with a train or a caboose and the journey you take before you die. Anxiously awaiting responses

• Paul Yates (3/5/2005 7:17:00 PM) Post reply

Does any one know the poem with the line'the blood of englishmen has enriched the soil of many lands.

• Richard Laurie (3/2/2005 3:05:00 PM) Post reply

help please I know this a vauge question but 'and all my sorrows were put to sleep' is from a poem i read recently i know its by a famous poet the only problem is that i dont remember the poets name or the poem really that the line is from anyone that can please help would be greatly appericated

• J M (2/28/2005 1:52:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I'm looking for a lovely poem that I heard at a funeral.
    I think it's called reflections and the verses in in go something along the lines of ' I'm sorry I left you, .... it wasn't my intention.

Thanx for any help u can give - i've searched everywhere.

• Claire Clegg (7/22/2005 12:59:00 PM) Post reply

i DONT KNOW IF YOU ARE STILL LOOKING FOR REFLECTIONS BUT IT WAS ON THE ORDER OF SERVICE OF A FUNERAL i ATTENDED RECENTLY, where the young man had taken his own life, it goes Another day to wonder ... more

[Hata Bildir]