Learn More

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Rookie Lindsey Rogers (8/13/2005 11:43:00 PM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Hey everyone,

I found a poem once and it was an anonymous poem which makes it all the more harder to find. It was this woman and she was reflecting on all these times she had with her boyfriend. She talked about how she expected his reaction to be one way and he always surprised her but then at the end it surprises you by saying he went to Vietnam and never came back. It's a wonderful poem and I was just wondering if anyone had ever heard of it and could send me a copy.

• Rookie Allison Oster (8/9/2005 8:52:00 AM) Post reply

There is a poem that my husband's 91 year old grandmother always quotes a portion of to me. She was in the hosptital in the late 40's after giving birth to my mother-in-law. She was a breech baby and the doctor quoted a poem about lazy babys coming into the world sitting down. She can only remember this one line but I would love to give her the entire poem. Can anyone help?

• Rookie Nagamuthu Osho (8/7/2005 10:19:00 AM) Post reply

Poems thine eternal verses,
    To serve and save the mind;
    Bringing new twilight to find.
    I pray for the soul's peace to acquire, to aspire in 'tis universe.
    The blessing thro' which I sing,
    To guide others, to ride towards eternal carnival.
    God Bless you, all Poets, Savants, all soul to coalesce.

• Rookie Ana Jain (7/27/2005 1:46:00 PM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem written by Charles Chaplin (the actor) . I don't know the name of the poem. It is about friendship and what we look on a friend. If anyone knows it, could you please send it to me or tell me the name of it.
    Thank you so much!

• Rookie K S (7/22/2005 11:00:00 PM) Post reply

I'm looking for a poem I read in the New Yorker, in early 2002. I can't remember much about it, other than that I loved it. I think the author's name was something like Anthony Walton? Help!

• Rookie Joe Shmoe (7/22/2005 3:09:00 AM) Post reply

im looking for a poem i heard years ago.. about a man who climbs a cliff in search of a man called 'bobba fatt' or something along those lines. (no not star wars: P) please email me if you know the one im talking about

• Rookie Poetry Enthusiast (7/20/2005 12:21:00 PM) Post reply

I read a poem in college that I can't seem to remember correctly. I know it's American, probably from the turn of the century, and that it was pretty angst-y about the American condition. The only lines I can vaguely remember (probably incorrectly) are:

...gray skies stretch (arch?) over us
    and we are all alone.

Anyone got any ideas?

• Rookie Kristyn Woods (7/19/2005 8:27:00 AM) Post reply

hey I was just wondering has anyone heard of a poem like this.

I will describe it.

Here goes.

It talks about a child thinking their parents or (father) is perfect when they are young, then through adolescence thinking the total opposite, then as an adult respecting them (or him)

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaase help me, has anyone heard of something like this?

Cheers

• Rookie Barry Cunningham (7/12/2005 6:33:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I'm looking for a poem that contains the following lines:
    'A week to Christmas
    Gimcracks in the shops'
    It ends:
    'Hark the herald angels beg for copper coins'
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks

Replies for this message:
  • Rookie Eli Grinfeld (6/29/2005 8:17:00 PM) Post reply

PLEASE HELP ME! ! !
    A poem by Stephen Dunn that was published around 1985, where he is talking about the feelings of english professor. I dont remember the name or even one line from there. I hust know that it inspired me to become and english professor. (The title is something like 'Conffesions on english professor'
    it is almost 12 years that I am seraching for this poem. It means a lot to me.
    you may contact me on my email: mhnk@yahoo.com
    Thank you so much

[Hata Bildir]