Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Jissa George (6/22/2005 12:49:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I have once read a beautiful poem by Pablo Neruda. I can't remember it now except for one line ' I want to do with you what the spring does to cherry blossoms.'. If someboy out there knows please let me know.

Replies for this message:
    • Lyuba Stevasarova (6/24/2005 8:34:00 AM) Post reply

Must be this one, I have it only in spanish: (I want to do with you what spring does with the cherry trees) Juegas todo los días Juegas todos los días con la luz universo. Sutil visitadora ... more

• Joseph Braun (6/20/2005 11:28:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

In high school we had to memorize a poem entitled 'My Advocate'. I can only remember that it was about Jesus standing in front of God and defending us, but I don't remember any actual lines or the author. If anybody out there knows of it, please let me know! ! !

• L M (7/8/2005 2:52:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

My Advocate I sinned. And straightway, post-haste Satan flew Before the presence of the Most High God, And made a railing accusation there. He said, “This soul, this thing of clay and sod Has ... more

• Lisa Giustinoni (6/14/2005 5:14:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am looking for this peom, it starts like this. I have no idea what the name is.'When despair for the world grows in me I go and lie down where the wood rake rests in his beauty on the water and the great herron feeds...

• Steve Greenaway (6/16/2005 2:10:00 PM) Post reply

The Peace of Wild Things When despair for the world grows in me and I wake in the night at the least sound in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be, I go and lie down where the wo ... more

• Kavya Murthy (6/10/2005 2:36:00 AM) Post reply

There is this one poem that goes 'memorie will be moon like, phase-drive..and you, too, will be moon-invisible, caressing other skies at night' and I dont know where I read it and who it's by and someone please tell me if you know!

• Polly Durrant (6/9/2005 4:04:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me find a children's poem that my sister and I have been looking for for years! It was a poem my father used to read to us when we were small. I had thought for many years that Spike Milligan had written it, but as I have been unable to find it amongst his work I am guessing I must be wrong! It begins...'One day in a perranporth pet shop, on a glorious morning in June, A lady from Parr bought a budgerigar and it sang to a glorious tune' I'm afriad that's all I can recall but would love to trace the full poem as a gift for my sister. Any ideas anyone? ! Many thanks, Polly D

• Bradley Bailey (7/8/2005 7:20:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I think Charles Causley wrote “One day in a Perranporth pet shop”. I'm not sure about the book, but it may be in Figgie Hobbin: Poems for Children, (from Amazon) I’ve been looking but I can’t find a ... more

• R Mitch (6/7/2005 4:25:00 PM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem I studied my senior year in hish school about boy walking in cemetery and the headstone were SPACED closer than he was tall, bringing the realization that children were dying.

• Sarah Wright (6/5/2005 8:15:00 AM) Post reply

Hi
    Does anyone know of a poem I think is called 'Feed Ma Lamz'. I studied it at school and would love to get hold of a copy. I think it may be by a Glaswegian Poet called Tom Leonard but I can't really remember. I can't get in touch with the school as it was about 20 years ago.
    Thanks for your help.
    Sarah

• Jay Eger (5/31/2005 4:47:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Does anyone know this poem's title? 'When despair for the world grows in me I go and lie down where the wood rake rests in his beauty on the water and the great herron feeds. I come into the peace of wild things who do not tax their lives with the fore thought of grief. I come into the presence of still water and feel above me the day blind stars waiting with their light and for a time I rest in the peace of the world and I'm free.' I was told that this poem was by William Blake but have read every one I can find and have not found this one. Please Help!

• Jakob Keife (5/29/2005 4:39:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hello all of you guys...

I´ve got one simple but at the sama time a pretty hard question. I am wondering if anyone of you know or know where I could possibly find an answer to the following question: How many languages has the poem 'To the virgins to make much of time' by Robert Herrick been translated into?

Thank you!

• Amy Brown (5/28/2005 11:35:00 AM) Post reply

HI i am doing an assignment for school about love sonnets and i just wondered if anyone knows if Emily Bronte wrote any, and if so what are they called. I would really apreciate any help.
    Amy

[Hata Bildir]