Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Michele Lage (5/3/2005 8:51:00 AM) Post reply

when my mother wad little she received a book full of stories and poems the book now has no cover and some of the pages a ruined. One of the poems started like this Pamela pig was always a mess her hair was uncombed her dress was a mess...Thats all i can remember has anyone ever heard of this before? I would apperciate any help anyone could give me. thanks

• Amanda Molnar (5/2/2005 4:23:00 PM) Post reply

I'm looking for a poem I learned in Jr. High School. Here is what I can remember.
    did you know that God above created you for me to love, he picked you out from all the rest because he knew i'd love you best. I had a heart and it was true but know it's gone from me to you, so take care of it as I have done for you have two and I have none. If you are not there of judgment day I'll know youve gone the other way. I give the angels back their wings, golden harps and other things. Just to show you what I'd do I'd even go to hell for you.
    I know this is not correct in all but it is what I can remember. Please help. Thanks.

• An Other (5/1/2005 4:06:00 AM) Post reply

A long time ago at school I was taught a peom which I am almost certain began with 'The rivers of England if you please.' Can anyone help me to find this complete poem?

• Josh Wilson (4/30/2005 11:51:00 PM) Post reply

I've heard this great poem, or kind of a message. I know the basic meaning or outline of it but i cant get the wording right.

It talked about 3 steps to mastery i think. The first step was that before you begin, you know what it is but you dont notice it and arent completely aware of it, the second step is when you begin to learn- you look intently at it or study intently and hard, the third and last step was that you go back to not being completely aware of it because youve mastered it, it becomes a part of you, a habit or a reflex, not something that you need to focus on.

Does anyone know this poems name or the exact wording for it?

• Matthew Stevens (4/27/2005 11:29:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I'm looking for a poem I heard many years ago. It's called 'The Bull', or 'The Old Bull', or something similar. It's about an ageing herd bull looking back over his long life. Lines like 'The bulls he fought, the calved he fathered' come to mind, as well as 'He turned to face the scavengers in the sky', something like that. Can anyone help?

Replies for this message:
  • Earrinde Amalthea (4/23/2005 4:32:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi,

I read a poem a while back and now I cant find it anywhere.

It started with 'I use to believe in Fairy tales.....'

And it went on with how they use to believe in happily ever after etc. It was a beautiful poem and really well written but I cannot find it anywhere!

Does anyone think they have every read anything similar to this?

Thank you! ! !

• Sue Casey (4/27/2005 11:07:00 AM) Post reply

Is this the one? JOJO LYRICS Fairy Tales You know the story You read the books Boy meets girl Then they fall forever in love But I know better So here goes a tale Of the reales ... more

• Jd Zaid (4/12/2005 5:02:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi! I am a new member on this site and was wondering if there are any recommendations for a good poem or something.

• Richard A. Davis SR. (4/25/2005 6:18:00 PM) Post reply

Anything you write from your mindseye and from your heart. Don't worry about structure, Just be yourself.

• Dan Lee (4/11/2005 10:25:00 AM) Post reply

does anyone know the poem 'macho man ' by benjamin zephaniah i have been unable to find a copy anywhere.

• Larry Thorpe (4/11/2005 4:57:00 AM) Post reply

Hi, I am searching for a poem that I read over 60 years ago. The title was GLORY and the first verse went, .. And is this glory quoth the swain who'd listened to a soldiers tale. To fall upon the battle plain or maimed for life be should one fail. To scape of bullet, sword or gun, tis monstrous surely to misname, that wholesale murder I have done, both with carnage, field and fame..
    This was a published poem but all my searches for it have failed. Is there anyone out there who can help please. Thanks. L Thorpe.

• Ellen Gallegos (4/11/2005 12:25:00 AM) Post reply

in school many years ago a teacher of read a poem/song called 'please don't take the girl' I know it was made into a country song but have no idea who sang it. but it was about a young boy and girl growing up together.any help would be appreciated

[Hata Bildir]