Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Jay Eger (5/31/2005 4:47:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Does anyone know this poem's title? 'When despair for the world grows in me I go and lie down where the wood rake rests in his beauty on the water and the great herron feeds. I come into the peace of wild things who do not tax their lives with the fore thought of grief. I come into the presence of still water and feel above me the day blind stars waiting with their light and for a time I rest in the peace of the world and I'm free.' I was told that this poem was by William Blake but have read every one I can find and have not found this one. Please Help!

Replies for this message:
  • Jakob Keife (5/29/2005 4:39:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hello all of you guys...

I´ve got one simple but at the sama time a pretty hard question. I am wondering if anyone of you know or know where I could possibly find an answer to the following question: How many languages has the poem 'To the virgins to make much of time' by Robert Herrick been translated into?

Thank you!

• Amy Brown (5/28/2005 11:35:00 AM) Post reply

HI i am doing an assignment for school about love sonnets and i just wondered if anyone knows if Emily Bronte wrote any, and if so what are they called. I would really apreciate any help.
    Amy

• Shau Sha (5/28/2005 5:16:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I can't believe there isn't someone out there willing to help a soon to be ex-employee who wants to leave with a unique (for my workplace) send off by reciting a humorous poem.

Surely someone must be able to help?

• Eric Paul Shaffer (6/30/2005 10:46:00 PM) Post reply

Greetings. Here's one that is famous in offices and cubicles around the world-especially for places that are less than fun to work in. FURTHER NOTICE by Philip Whalen I can't live in this wor ... more

• Victoria Hsu (5/23/2005 8:53:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Hi, I am currently working on a poetry analysis project. In order to complete it, I have to find a poem. I am looking for a poem that has a good metaphor, like 'Mother to Son, ' by Langston Hughes. Please help me find a good poem. Thank you for you time.

Victoria

• Amy Brown (5/28/2005 11:37:00 AM) Post reply

The Mirror by Silvia Plath has some great metaphors in it, open to many interpritations.

• elijah Idemudia (5/24/2005 4:56:00 AM) Post reply

here is A GOOD POEM TO MIND SIEVE: When the earth is without shape. Rumblings on a dark starless sea In the dark mist The lit eye of an hidden cove Winds with countless arms O ... more

• Cecilia Walker (5/22/2005 9:59:00 AM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem with the opening lines along the lines of'There is a shyness we have with someone we love'....and somewhere in the poem it says'For love is quiet and love is kind'....cant think of poet and it is one of my FAVOURITES!

• Donald Paterson (5/22/2005 7:46:00 AM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem I studied at school. Can't remember the title or the author, though. All I recall is that it was about sailors eventually making landfallon an island. they dragged their boat up on the sand. That's all I know! I remember the atmosphere of the poem, an exotic mystery, but nothing else. can anyone help me?

• Kellyjaz King (5/20/2005 3:18:00 PM) Post reply

hi iam looking for a poems by tearsofpearls

• Tessa McNickle (5/20/2005 12:14:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I'm trying to look for a poem about nature that has the phase 'The flowers seemed dusty, their colors muted to gray.

Thanks to the people who give me help

• Shau Sha (5/18/2005 6:33:00 PM) Post reply

I've somehow, just managed to discover this site, don't know why I hadn't before. Anyway, it's fabulous. Not looking for a specific poem, but I am looking for suggestions as to a poem of short to mdeium length that I could use to say goodbye to my current place of work.

If it has humour and a poignancy then all the better. Suggestions? Offers to write one? I have four weeks to achieve this :)

[Hata Bildir]