Members Who Read Most Number Of Poems

Live Scores

Click here to see the rest of the list

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Paul Yates (3/5/2005 7:17:00 PM) Post reply

Does any one know the poem with the line'the blood of englishmen has enriched the soil of many lands.

• Richard Laurie (3/2/2005 3:05:00 PM) Post reply

help please I know this a vauge question but 'and all my sorrows were put to sleep' is from a poem i read recently i know its by a famous poet the only problem is that i dont remember the poets name or the poem really that the line is from anyone that can please help would be greatly appericated

• J M (2/28/2005 1:52:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I'm looking for a lovely poem that I heard at a funeral.
    I think it's called reflections and the verses in in go something along the lines of ' I'm sorry I left you, .... it wasn't my intention.

Thanx for any help u can give - i've searched everywhere.

Replies for this message:
    • Claire Clegg (7/22/2005 12:59:00 PM) Post reply

i DONT KNOW IF YOU ARE STILL LOOKING FOR REFLECTIONS BUT IT WAS ON THE ORDER OF SERVICE OF A FUNERAL i ATTENDED RECENTLY, where the young man had taken his own life, it goes Another day to wonder ... more

• Cleopatra Mahlalela (2/28/2005 3:55:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

hi guys, I'm looking for poems in this site that are analyzed. i struggle a lot in class when I have to analyze a poem. thank you guys

• louis sacre croix (3/1/2005 12:10:00 PM) Post reply

Hi Cleopatra. I had the same problem as you, try putting the name of the poem you want analysed in the search engine with the word analysis or meaning and you should get information you can use. M ... more

• Kathy Turner (2/27/2005 1:50:00 PM) Post reply

I'm looking for a poem my Grandmother used to recite to me. Can't remember much but it was about the four seasons. She would animate falling leaves, getting covered by a blanket of snow that kept the sleeping flower buds warm until spring. I know that is not much to go on, but if anyone has any ideas - I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

• Donald Cooper (2/23/2005 9:33:00 AM) Post reply

Anyone seen 'Grace Darling's Deathbed' by Henry Francis Lyte?

I had this poem in a book that got lost and have looked for it ever since.

Very poignant poem - describes the heroine's life after the famous rescue and her eventual tragic early death.

Regards

Don Cooper

• Mihiri Jayaweera (2/23/2005 6:07:00 AM) Post reply

i am looking for a poem i think I once saw on Poems on the Underground. The first line is something like 'where love came in I know not how, whether through eye or ear or no'. The last like is something like 'when it [love] leaves it leaves through the heart'. It is quite a short poem, about 10 lines

• Jesse Weiner (2/22/2005 1:59:00 PM) Post reply

I know this is a long shot, but I'll try. I once saw a sestina whose end-words were all marxism-leninism, mao tse-tung thought and the like. The poem was highly erotic, with lines like ' he thrust his enormous marxism-leninism into her throbing mao tse-tung thought'.I've about given up on finding it.

• Shakara Bradley (2/17/2005 2:22:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi, I'm looking for some Black poets...do you guys have any in mind?

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Kate Sarah (2/17/2005 1:42:00 PM) Post reply

I am looking for a contemporary poem, several stanzas long, where somewhere in the middle it talks about how the narrator feels himself rushing and rushing through the day/his life and then mentions cathedrals/churches and interstates/highways. I know this is not much to go by but I heard it only once and have been searching for it since....Thanks!

[Hata Bildir]