Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Rookie Dan Simmons (1/17/2006 4:23:00 PM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Does anybody know a good free site that has some of Robert Fitzgeralds poems?
    Thanks.

• Rookie Padraig Devlin (1/16/2006 8:15:00 PM) Post reply

I'm looking for two poems, I believe by Santanya.
    First one contains '...with images you tended under foreign skies, far away from your own land.'
    Second one contains '...this column has a hole. Have you seen the queen of the dead? '

Many thanks.

• Rookie R Lee (1/12/2006 5:46:00 PM) Post reply

June Jordan and Maya Angelou Experts:

I am looking for a poem, written by one of these women, on the subject of using 'honesty' as a guise for cruelty...something to the effect of 'beware of the woman who starts out with 'forgive me for being honest, but...''. It's been many years since I read this poem, I don't know the title and I can't seem to locate it anywhere. Does this poem sound familiar to anyone?

I would appreciate any leads for tracking it down. Thanks.

• Rookie Dan Poreda (1/9/2006 5:00:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I'm trying to find a poem for someone. The poem was about the love between a young girl from a town and an outlaw? (I'm sure he was some kind of criminal) . It ends with soldiers coming to the house and the man finding out and trying to come back for his girl. In the end she shoots herself because she knows he is coming back and wants to drive him away. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Also, it's a pretty long poem from what I remember.

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Kelly Moy (2/22/2006 1:34:00 PM) Post reply

you're pretty stupid leave remember the prussian army when they went through and decimated the platoons leave stupid shithead and by the way that is not me it is someone else

• Rookie David Lewis Paget (1/10/2006 8:59:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Your description sounds very much like 'The Highwayman' by Alfred Noyes, a great old English poem. Cheers, David Lewis Paget

• Rookie nyki mb (1/9/2006 2:26:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

looking for something called 'Desiderata'. ur help is appreciated.

• Rookie R Lee (1/12/2006 5:55:00 PM) Post reply

I think maybe you're looking for the piece by Max Ehrmann? It starts out 'Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence'. You can find a copy of it at: http: // ... more

• Rookie Ernestine Northover (1/9/2006 3:39:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Two poems with 'desiderata' in them, Boys Dream by Todd Garland and Confusing Chat by Gil Gregorio Sr. One mentions about lines from Desiderata but that's all I can help you with and it's probably no ... more

• Rookie George Perrin (1/4/2006 5:26:00 AM) Post reply

Hello everyone. I'm desperately in need of help and hope someone may be able to come to my rescue...

I'm looking for the title of a Hölderlin poem which contains the line -

'Firm in compassion the eternal heart'

If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be eternally grateful.

Many thanks, George.

• Rookie Nahed Nassr (12/29/2005 11:13:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

hi every one,
    i am so happy to find this lovely website while I was searching for a poem to W.H. Auden. it is really a fortune.
    well, I am Egyptian studying English literature, but i am more interested in the English history and civilization.
    any Egyptians here? ? ?
    greetings to every one wish you like me sharing your lovely forum and worthy website.

• Rookie Ernestine Northover (12/30/2005 10:08:00 AM) Post reply

Greetings Nahed, Welcome to PH and all that is on it, which is very varied and interesting. Everyone is really friendly, and you'll soon get to know us. Success in your studying our English History an ... more

• Rookie Sean Azpeitia (12/28/2005 11:19:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I need some serious help locating the original version and author of this poem, i dont know all the words but it goes along the lines of 'if a thousand people love you i am there', then has 'if a hundred people love you'...etc, and ends with 'if nobody loves you than you will(shall?) know that i am dead' Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance!

• Rookie Kelly Moy (2/22/2006 6:01:00 PM) Post reply

stop being so weird. Don't ever talk that way about yourself. I couldn't allow that. You need to read this instead: Oh, the Places You'll Go! Congratulations! Today is your day. You're o ... more

• Rookie Melissa Lastoria (12/28/2005 1:57:00 PM) Post reply

The poem is called Too True, Too Often. It starts off like this:
    Too often we don't realize what we have until it's gone. Too often we wait too late to say 'I'm sorry - I was wrong.'
    Can someone help? ? ? ?

• Rookie Kent Tang (12/27/2005 7:55:00 AM) Post reply

Hi everyone;

Can someone tell me which poem does the following lines belong to;
    ' cross craking, the ocean spills over then new hills hit into view with river cuts blue between them'

Please provide the title of the poem or the author.
    Thank You.

[Hata Bildir]