Members Who Read Most Number Of Poems

Live Scores

Click here to see the rest of the list

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Lucy Ellis (5/11/2005 5:26:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am looking for poems to use for Choral Speaking with primary students aged 10 and 11. Any ideas?

Replies for this message:
    • Mary Ramey (10/11/2005 9:01:00 AM) Post reply

'Night Esemble' by A.L.Breitling. It is all worked out for voices. I think 6 levels. Brilliant. I will contact the executors of her estate and see if they can post it here.

• Niki Clark (5/9/2005 7:29:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I have a friend's funeral to attend tomorrow and I would really like to find a poem either to read or to put in a card. Can anyone suggest an alternative to the classic 'Stop all the clocks'...?

• Sue Casey (5/9/2005 4:33:00 PM) Post reply

I think this is quite lovely and filled with meaning: Parable of Immortality I am standing by the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for th ... more

• Mulady Walsh (5/8/2005 8:08:00 AM) Post reply

Hi, I am looking for poems/readings for my daughter's Naming Ceremony.. for my son's we read some of Gibran's The Prophet but I am really looking for something different this time. Any ideas or suggestions really appreciated. Thanks

• Janice Leavy (5/6/2005 1:24:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am looking for a poem titled: 'The Lanyard' by Billy Collins

• Eileen Smith (12/30/2005 3:11:00 PM) Post reply

Janice, Are you the Janice Voelker from Holy Cross? I am looking for my old friend. If so, contact me. Thanks. Happy New Year.

• Britt Alkire (5/5/2005 5:42:00 PM) Post reply

Of all the 90 poems by Mary Oliver, I cannot find 'The Gardens.' Does anyone have a copy and know which collection?

• Yasmine Hashem (5/4/2005 2:29:00 PM) Post reply

i want an explanation to poem Hymn ON solitude by Jamed Thomson, , , i hope to fine a brief easy explantaion for an importatnt assignment, ,
    best regards

• Michele Lage (5/3/2005 8:51:00 AM) Post reply

when my mother wad little she received a book full of stories and poems the book now has no cover and some of the pages a ruined. One of the poems started like this Pamela pig was always a mess her hair was uncombed her dress was a mess...Thats all i can remember has anyone ever heard of this before? I would apperciate any help anyone could give me. thanks

• Amanda Molnar (5/2/2005 4:23:00 PM) Post reply

I'm looking for a poem I learned in Jr. High School. Here is what I can remember.
    did you know that God above created you for me to love, he picked you out from all the rest because he knew i'd love you best. I had a heart and it was true but know it's gone from me to you, so take care of it as I have done for you have two and I have none. If you are not there of judgment day I'll know youve gone the other way. I give the angels back their wings, golden harps and other things. Just to show you what I'd do I'd even go to hell for you.
    I know this is not correct in all but it is what I can remember. Please help. Thanks.

• An Other (5/1/2005 4:06:00 AM) Post reply

A long time ago at school I was taught a peom which I am almost certain began with 'The rivers of England if you please.' Can anyone help me to find this complete poem?

• Josh Wilson (4/30/2005 11:51:00 PM) Post reply

I've heard this great poem, or kind of a message. I know the basic meaning or outline of it but i cant get the wording right.

It talked about 3 steps to mastery i think. The first step was that before you begin, you know what it is but you dont notice it and arent completely aware of it, the second step is when you begin to learn- you look intently at it or study intently and hard, the third and last step was that you go back to not being completely aware of it because youve mastered it, it becomes a part of you, a habit or a reflex, not something that you need to focus on.

Does anyone know this poems name or the exact wording for it?

[Hata Bildir]