Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Rookie Nicole Gerein (5/30/2006 12:57:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Hi everyone i'm looking for a poem it's about a girl in a drunk driving accident and she tells the paramedic to tell her mom and dad a bunch of stuff and the police officer tells the paramedic the other vechicle was the girls mom and dad anyone know what poem i'm talking about? ? ? ?

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Laura Smith (8/4/2006 9:02:00 PM) Post reply

There are probably a lot of poems written about the topic, but I think you might be talking about one published in Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul- Vol 2., I think. I don't have it anymore, but mayb ... more

• Rookie Travis Jobe (5/28/2006 6:57:00 PM) Post reply | Read 5 replies

I have been looking for a poem by Dixie Willson, called 'Honey Bear'. It starts off, 'Once upon a summer in the hills by the river
    Was a deep green forest where the wild things grew.
    There were caves as dark as midnight - there were tangled trees and thickets
    And a thousand little places where the sky looked through.'
    If anyone could help with the full text for the poem, I'd be delighted!

• Rookie Lindsay Cannon (7/20/2007 12:23:00 AM) Post reply

Hope that you somehow check the reply to this post. My aunt was searcing for this poem as well and came across this article http: //www.seventhdaybaptist.org/images/7DB/PDF/May05%20SR%20Issue.pdf. T ... more

• Rookie Tom Rohr (8/12/2006 8:04:00 AM) Post reply

Lastly, another e-bay posting (sounds expensive) : eBay – literature, antique books and biography items on eBay.com Find literature, antique books and biography items on eBay. Browse a huge selec ... more

• Rookie Tom Rohr (8/12/2006 7:51:00 AM) Post reply

I also found a copy of the book 'honey bear' on e-bay: Results 21 - 30 of about 50 English pages for dixie willson biography 'dixie willson'. (0.19 seconds) eBay - willson, Industrial Supply, M ... more

• Rookie Tom Rohr (8/12/2006 7:15:00 AM) Post reply

I came across a referance to this poem a ... more

To read all of 5 replies click here
  • Rookie Roger Skinner (5/25/2006 3:27:00 PM) Post reply

Just downloaded a very full collection of poems by ASJ Tessimond, , , very generously offered on this site! ..But the two poems I really relished some decades ago do not appear...where can I download the?
    They are 'Portrait of a Romaantic' 1st line...He is in love with the land over the next hill and the next, the room beyond the looking glass, with the bird that is never caught...' AND (I think) 'Thoughts from middle Age'.... and do you prefer this level country.....would you give all this up for rounded thighs and eyes you drowned in? .... (as best I recall from a 1950's Putnam anthology) Grateful for any pointers.

• Rookie Kate Weatherley (5/24/2006 1:44:00 PM) Post reply

I am looking for an amazingly inspirational poem I once read. It was about an woman in her 80s, maybe on her deathbed, looking back on her life with no regrets. I think it talked about some of the things she had done. The essence of it was it was better to have done something and made a mistake than to always have wondered what might have been.

Can anyone help me? I would really appreciate it!

• Rookie Pod F (5/20/2006 2:03:00 PM) Post reply

I am looking for an english translation of Das Riesenspielzeug by Adalbert Chamisso, can anyone help me?

Any assitance would be greatly appreciated!

• Rookie Holindayer Stery (5/20/2006 5:38:00 AM) Post reply

In high school 1986-1990, I read a poem by a female poet which focused on sacrifices she had made her whole life because upon death she knew she would go to Heaven/afterlife. Upon dying she realizes there is nothing after death and regrets the sacrifices she gave in life. The final line is 'Darkness(or balckness) - Darkness (or blackness) nothing else. O I will never forgive this' I can remember nothing else about the poem but Ihave not been able to track it down all these years. Any input would be very helpful.

• Rookie Ilanga Sunce (5/19/2006 5:07:00 PM) Post reply

Hi,
    I need some help with a poem by sarah teasdale, 'I shall not care'. Where ever I search, I find only the first two pieces. But I've got a croatian translation which is much longer.............. ending like ' this shall remind you that I'm no more, but that I've been.'
    Maybe somebody can help me.
    Thank you, ilanga

• Rookie Stephen Kohl (5/18/2006 5:57:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hello,
    I'm looking for a poem that I first saw in the pages of a psychology text book.
    Poem was about a man (possibly named Jim? ?) who was tall, handsome, smart and admired by all.
    Although seemingly a content and successful, the man is living in despair as the last line of the poem reads something like ' and he put a bullet in his head'
    The reader is left with the impression that even the most seemingly happy and succesful person can be troubled.

• Rookie Drew Willard (5/18/2006 1:43:00 PM) Post reply

I was wondering if anyone has heard of a poem or quotation that includes 'I hate to fall but fall for love'? ? ? ? The poet or artist might be young, male and has the initials BW.

• Rookie Cam Lee (5/18/2006 1:48:00 AM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem begins,

we where born of two black holes,
    me of my mother
    you of my own

[Hata Bildir]