Learn More

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Rookie Amy Warner (7/1/2006 8:59:00 PM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Hey im looking for a poem on physical journeys can anyone help?

• Rookie Kyle Simmons (7/1/2006 10:16:00 AM) Post reply

I read this poem in a light blue hardcover anthology of some sorts while researching for a poetry recitation assignment last year. I don't know the poet and I don't know the title. All I know is that it mentioned remembering and love and either 52nd street or an avenue and a month ending in 'ember' (september or november i think) . I know the poem is definitely not September 1,1939 by W.H. Auden. The poem is from the 20th century. Sorry that's a vague description, but it's been driving me nuts for a year now!
    Thanks

• Rookie Bernard Carman (6/28/2006 6:50:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I don't recall the poet's name. The title is, 'Journey by Night - a Blind man's Prayer'. Each verse ends with the words, 'look down on us gently who journey by night'. Thanks for any help! ! !

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Paula Slaughter (10/18/2006 7:20:00 PM) Post reply

The author is Alfred Noyes (best known for 'The Highwayman') . I have the poem memorized, but have not found any internet sources for it yet. I found it years ago in a high school literature text bo ... more

• Rookie Jane Groom (6/27/2006 9:58:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Can anyone help. I agreed to read a poem for my friend's wedding and now I can't find one! couls anyone help me out & write one? Their names are tina & sid one is a nurse the other a paramedic. they met at work. They have rough times behind them. children/family cant be mentioned in the poem as they can't have them. they are energetic great fun. are so happy to have found each other. He looks after her especially when she is unwell he is her rock. she pushes him to progress & gives him confidence.

• Rookie Kristin Davis (7/6/2006 5:43:00 PM) Post reply

Hi Jane hun... just wanted to tell you that if you step back and read what you just wrote here... you'll come to realize that you're already well on your way of writing that poem you're requesting som ... more

• Rookie Claire Oakley (6/21/2006 1:27:00 PM) Post reply

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me?
    I am searching for a poem that begins with the line 'If I should fall asleep where sweet dreams are'
    I am desperate to find the author and title asap as it was one of my mother-in-laws favourites and need it for her funeral this weekend.
    If anyone could help please please email me asap
    I will be very grateful.
    Claire

• Rookie Bob Mosley (6/21/2006 12:40:00 PM) Post reply

Hello, my first post. I am trying to find a poem that I read several years ago, and it might have been in an anthology, but I am not sure. It is about a little dog that had died, and the poem was about the little dog's small statue but his giant heart. I seem to remember the name Stoutheart, but nothing comes up in searching that. It might have been bigheart or strongheart or even something else. I remember the writer repeating this new name for the dog being something to do with his being all heart. I believe the poem to have been in a book of poems, perhaps favorite poems. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Bob

• Rookie Jason Kinney (6/20/2006 9:19:00 PM) Post reply

Hi, I'm new here and don't know if I am posting in the write place. I am researching poetry from my childhood including Shel Silverstein because he was a favorite of mine when I was a child. One poem in particular caught my eye, 'One Inch Tall', page 55 of 'Where the Sidewalk Ends'. I'm trying to describe the form but can't seem to determine it based on traditional definitions. (i.e., lymrick, haiku, etc.) . Could someone please tell me what form of poem that 'One Inch Tall' is in. Thank you so much.

• Rookie Ivy Schex (6/19/2006 11:15:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am looking for a poem about an albatross that is good luck until someone killed it.

Thanks,

Ivy

• Rookie Adrienne Noelle Werge (6/27/2006 6:34:00 AM) Post reply

To be more specific: Likely you're looking for 'The Rime of the Ancient Mariner' by Samuel Taylor Coleridge. Good luck with the albatross. anw

• Rookie Cassondra Wilson (6/18/2006 5:15:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Hello, There are actually three poems I am looking for. Two of them I haven't read in over a year and the other I lost.

One is about a Drunk Driver who hit someone and the sober person is the one on the ground with the voices fading and it feels like sharp knives going through him

Two, Is about alittle girl who calls the operator for the number to heaven

Three, Is about alittle girl going to school, and is supose to bring their dad but she couldn't. And everyone thought he was a dead beat but when she got up she said that her dad died in the Twin tower and that he leaves her a single rose.

I really hope someone can help me, I have been trying to find these poems for ages.

• Rookie Evelyn Lilibeth Fania (6/24/2006 10:56:00 PM) Post reply

Hey! Well, I found the third poem too! Wow... on a roll. Well, I'll try to search for the 1st one, but I don't recognize it, whereas the other two I knew exactly what you were talking about, but it ca ... more

• Rookie Evelyn Lilibeth Fania (6/24/2006 10:28:00 PM) Post reply

Okay... well I'll go help search for the poems, but I think I might know the 2nd poem. Is it this? Mommy went to Heaven but I need her here today My tummy hurts and I fell down I need her ri ... more

• Rookie - 0 Points Jeff Hobbs (6/15/2006 7:54:00 AM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem called Episode by the Polish poet Zbigniew Herbert - it used to be on the web but I haven't been able to find it for years now and have lost all my copies. Any help would be much appreciated.

[Hata Bildir]