Treasure Island

Looking For A Poem

Can't find a poem you've heard once? Ask other visitors for help. Also share explanations and summaries of poems.
Post a message

• John Westlake (8/31/2014 7:39:00 PM) Post reply Stage

My fellow poets (both young and old) , this is a friendly warning. There have been a few members who have been getting scam messages from members in Senegal. This is just one of the messages sent to one member:

I am happy to view your profile
    today i pray and go through it than i decided to contact you,
    I am just a simple lady and single.
    I want you to understand that age, color or distance does not matter
    but loving and caring matters a lot in life,
    I will appreciate it so much if you directly contact me through my email address which is
    (missnabila4life@live.com) to enable me tell you more information about me,
    because i don't know much here I will await for your email
    Nabila

As soon as you contact her/him/them via your email, she/he/they will basically tell you some sob story and say that they have a large amount of money (normally about £50,000) that they want give to you. They will ask for your bank details and ask them to send money to them, usually £500. Please for the love of the creator, don't send them any money and report their profile to Poem Hunter. These people are criminals who just want to take your money and give nothing in return. Please don't let these people corrupt the site and ruin it for every one. Please share this with ALL of your poem hunter contacts to let them know.

Thanks for reading

Profanisaurus

• Anita Canada (8/31/2014 7:26:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

My brother was killed on his motorbike. I'm looking for a beautiful poem or verse that I heard once about 'suffer or hurt no more'. It was about how he can no longer be hurt.
    I'd like to read this at his eulogy.

Replies for this message:
    • Laura Burns (8/31/2014 4:14:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Not sure if this is it: Peacefully sleeping, resting at last, His weary trials and troubles past; In silence he suffered, in patience he bore, Till God called him home to suffer no more.

• Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip (8/29/2014 7:43:00 AM) Post reply Stage

i am looking a poem from any one who has critical history, who face a critical problems, whose history is unique and i look poem from the nature beauty with love and romantic effectionate between boys and girls.

• Mohammad Skati (8/29/2014 3:07:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Dear poets and dear members, please pick any poem, so we can analyze it fully. Thanks.

• Tom Dehn (8/28/2014 9:34:00 AM) Post reply Stage

i am looking for a poem that my uncle had to memorize when he was in grade school early to mid 1950's. It was about a man who traveled daily on a train (or maybe it was a worker on the train) . He sees an old house and decides to buy it. He fixes it up and then donates it. Thats all I got. He went to a catholic grade school so it my be religious. Likely not very long cause he had to memorize it..

Thanks for any help

Tom

• Mohammad Skati (8/27/2014 9:07:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Dear members. What do you think about summarizing certain poems to certain poets daily?Thanks.

• Muhammad Mohebujjaman (8/26/2014 10:47:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Does anyone has English translation of Jasimuddin's poem " Polli Jononi" ?Please help me.

• Pranab K Chakraborty (8/25/2014 12:22:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Can't remember the poem, please anybody....

EVEN PAIN
    THAT IS A GOD
    TO THE SENSES

Replies for this message:
  • Mohammad Skati (8/23/2014 9:39:00 AM) Post reply Stage

" THE WASTELAND " is a great a poem by the great poet T.S.ELIOT. I am looking for other poets to share reading, explaining, and commenting on this poem. Thanks.

• Max White (8/23/2014 2:00:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Thanks James. Yep, have been trying on and off for about 12 months on various sites - all combinations etc etc. My Grandfather liked english poets eg Byron - so if it was one of the recognised poets, you think It would come up on a search.

Max

[Hata Bildir]