Treasure Island

Looking For A Poem

Can't find a poem you've heard once? Ask other visitors for help. Also share explanations and summaries of poems.
Post a message

• Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip Rookie - 1st Stage (10/1/2014 2:57:00 AM) Post reply

I heard that Swami Vivekananda had written many poems but could not trace out the book where to get, I therefore, request you to kindly advice me where to get the book in India.

• Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel Black Veteran Poet - 3rd Stage (10/1/2014 1:17:00 AM) Post reply

I'm looking for the Homeric Hymns and the Orphic Hymns..

• Gene Miller Rookie - 1st Stage (9/30/2014 11:05:00 AM) Post reply

I am looking for information on the poet Patricia Palmer, She wrote " I Am An American Soldier" .

• Mohammad Skati Bronze Star - 4th Stage (9/28/2014 4:31:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am looking for a poem in which a sailor got his boat broke... Thanks.

Replies for this message:
    • Laura Burns Freshman - 2nd Stage (9/28/2014 9:07:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

There are quite a few and I don't think any one person can know them all. There are shipwrecks in the Odyssey and the Aeneid, also there is a long epic poem by William Falconer called The Shipwreck. A ... more

• Mike Chizlett Rookie - 1st Stage (9/22/2014 8:07:00 PM) Post reply

I'm looking for a father/son poem. I remember the imagery very vividly but I can't remember any of the lines. It was about a father sat at his desk doing work in the study. His son carefully peers round the study door scared that he is going to be told off for disturbing his father. Nonetheless, after plucking up some courage, the boy runs in and kisses his father goodnight before running to bed. The father is moved and starts to think about how he has treated his son. Among other things, he thinks back to how he corrected his son at the breakfast table. After thinking for some time he walks into the son's room. The son is fast asleep but he sits there and apologizes. He is sorry because in his criticism he expects too much of the boy - knowledge beyond his years. Anyone have any ideas?

• Mohammad Skati Bronze Star - 4th Stage (9/22/2014 8:28:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Who is the poet that said: ' Look in your heart... I don't exactly remember his name, so I need the pretty members' help. Thanks.

• Laura Burns Freshman - 2nd Stage (9/23/2014 1:41:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

You may be thinking of Sir Philip Sidney, whose sonnet beginning, " Loving in truth, and fain in verse my love to show" ends with " look in thy heart and write."

• Karen Warren Rookie - 1st Stage (9/22/2014 7:53:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Many years ago I came across a poem about pilgrims riding to Canterbury. I thought it was by e e cummings or someone of that era (although I might have been wrong!) , but I've never been able to trace it since. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

• Laura Burns Freshman - 2nd Stage (9/22/2014 3:02:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Could you be thinking of Martin Farquhar Tupper's " The Canterbury Pilgrims: A Godspeed" ?Though the topic in that is settlers going to New Zealand.

• Gangadharan Nair Pulingat Veteran Poet - 3rd Stage (9/21/2014 10:46:00 AM) Post reply

I likes to read Tomas Transformer" s the Great poet's selected poems in poem hunter.com.if it is available.

• Frank Avon Freshman - 2nd Stage (9/17/2014 2:46:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I think the poet is David Henderson; the poem is entitled Egyptian Book of the Dead (or perhaps this is a section of a longer poem) . I'm fairly certain that I have chased down the right poet, but I cannot locate the book (or review) in which this poem was published (probably in the 1960s or a bit earlier) . Can anyone give me a lead?

• Zoila T. Flores Rookie - 1st Stage (9/14/2014 2:37:00 PM) Post reply

NO! I have not read neither one. However, I can suggest your to take a look of one of my beautiful, extraordinary, and impressing piece of poetry called " I couldn't Kiss my Lovely Crush" by Zoila T. Flores. Now, Greetings to your father.

[Hata Bildir]