Treasure Island

Writing Poetry

Discuss ways to improve your poetry. Post your techniques, tips, and creative ideas about how to write better.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Adeaze An Female, 20, United States (5/12/2006 7:50:00 PM)

Ok, I am suffering from severe writer's block. Is anyone available to help me? Send me a message or post something so I will recover and have ideas again.
~Dallas

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Kev Elmer (5/19/2006 6:21:00 PM) Post reply

Try writing a poem with some1 else, its hard to do but gets your mind working overtime. It can be joint work for a poem, or a poem in reply to a poem. Wrodks for me and there is alot of enjoyment in there too!

-=Kev=-

• Nibedita Deb (5/19/2006 8:43:00 AM) Post reply

Dallas, Love works magic. If you are in love already spend some time with your beloved to overcome the block. If you aren't, think of being in love. This helps me, and so I recommended.

• Sweetie Sarah<3 (5/15/2006 10:18:00 AM) Post reply

Along time after my friend died and i wrote a poem for her. I was unable to write poems, wat i did was just wait until something, anything came to me. Even if it sucked. then i would rework it change it. so on, until it was the way it should be. Thas how i got my poetry power back.

Wait for ur power to come back. dont force it.

Sweetie Sarah

• Mary-Elizabeth Conn (5/14/2006 3:59:00 AM) Post reply

Listen to some music. Avril Lavigne, Busted, blink 182- they always help me with writer's block! Good luck in lifting it! :)

• Ernest Mayer (5/12/2006 8:42:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

It's Friday. Go see a movie, talk to some friends, hang out, anticipate summer, uhhhh.... the list in endless. Just don't stand there and contemplate. Take a little break from writing and something is sure to pop-up.

Replies for this message:
    • Robert Rumery (5/13/2006 12:13:00 AM) Post reply

That's an awsome solution! I just hate it when an idea hits and I'm away from my notebook or my personal computer. Go see a movie, I hear MI 3 is GOOD! ;)

[Hata Bildir]