Treasure Island

Writing Poetry

Discuss ways to improve your poetry. Post your techniques, tips, and creative ideas about how to write better.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Misky Rae Misky Rae Female, 35, United States (7/6/2013 1:16:00 AM)

It’s not my fault that you hate the world. I can’t change what your eyes have seen or what your heart has felt. It’s not my fault that you can’t handle the life that was given to you. It’s not my fault that you dwell in the hardest parts of your life. I can’t change the sad things that swell your eyes. I can’t brighten those dark moments that has changed who you are. I can’t release the piercing pain of the life that was given to you. I can’t take it all back. I can’t make your mind make sense of all the wonder whys of all the neglect you sustained. It is not my fault that you are the way you are. It is not my fault that you can’t control how you see things
Blame it on someone else. Blame it on the people that have scorned you. Blame it on the sadness of the words that have been spoken to you. Blame it on the ignorance of other people’s carelessness and selfish tendencies. Blame it on others upbringings. Blame it on foolishness, guilt and shame through the eyes of others
Don’t blame it on me. Don’t blame it on yourself. It was others who shaped you into the person that you have become. Blame it on the people that have really hurt you and have affected you. Don’t blame it on those who have nothing to do with the shaping of your mind.

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Cambridge Keenan (7/10/2013 7:00:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I really appreciate the wisdom with this poem. I can feel how passionate you are. :)

[Hata Bildir]