Treasure Island

Writing Poetry

Discuss ways to improve your poetry. Post your techniques, tips, and creative ideas about how to write better.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Donnaj York United States (6/10/2013 7:30:00 PM)

FYI: Deleted all poems from PH......seeking a new creative outlet. It's been fun. Talked to some cool folks but allowed myself to get pulled into One-Two-(Three is a charm, or three-strikes-and-yur-out) arguments, agitating my soul, and defeating my purpose for being here. I think it's time to get off the PC, break out the sewing machine, and get into my long-planned handbag making project.

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Elena Sandu (6/14/2013 9:28:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

I feel very sorry for I had no chance to read your poems yet. If arguments are the reason for you to go away, than it is the most sad thing. I have seen other poets going away because somebody was hurting them. One thing is for sure: we cannot make all people to love us. But we can love them. The best defense is loving. Please keep the least a couple of your poems here. Poems I believe are drops of pure love that needs to be shared. Please if have a choice than keep sharing your poems. Nobody shall have the right to silence the poet.

Replies for this message:
    • Donnaj York (6/15/2013 11:46:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

I am still writing and am tweeking some of the poems I had posted here, but saved only in my word documents files for now. Maybe I'll re-post a couple. But my problem is that even now, after over a ... more

• ..... W@king Up..... (6/14/2013 8:48:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Good for you! Everyone needs a break sometimes :) after all, our muses get tired...: 0)

[Hata Bildir]