Learn More

Writing Poetry

Post a message
  • Rookie Rob Abbott (10/20/2006 4:57:00 PM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Hi all.. never tried to write anything before.. today was a first for me after a recent split with my fiance.. honest opinions would be appreciated
    Many thanks
    Rob

• Rookie - 12 Points Erhard Hans Josef Lang (10/18/2006 8:54:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Dear poets, one small, but substantial change was made to my latest poem

Eclipsing Untimely Queues On Whims Of Practical Intuition,

which has made it all the more readable now, as I think, in its final form. Still, I'm always open to any suggestions by yourselves on matters of how to improve on my writings linguistically, dear poets, especially by you poets born with the English tongue (I, a German, was held and spoken to as a baby for some time by a colored American G.I.'s wife who then lived with us as tenants) .
    Please don't be hesitant to inform about anything in my use of language, or even of style, for that matter, in case something had striked your senses on reading my poems. Thanks a lot for your attention. It'll be a rewarding thing!

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie - 12 Points Mary Ramey (10/24/2006 9:51:00 PM) Post reply

Erhard, English, much like German, does lend itself to the condensing of language. You can shorten and intensify your line if you give thought to the vernacular that you employ. Granted, all poetry is ... more

• Rookie shirts Williams (10/14/2006 7:09:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

hi every one my name is Evan williams i am a very new poet looking to be discovered im 16 sophmore in highschool so yeah send me a message love to hear critizism good or bad so message me i hope to hear from you all

• Rookie David Lovell (11/27/2006 11:20:00 PM) Post reply

I have read several of your poems and was very impressed. I intend to read all of your posted poems soon, and would encourage you to post more. Without a doubt, my favorite one right now is Greed 2.

• Rookie John Michael Angelo (10/6/2006 9:27:00 PM) Post reply

Read my poem! Fellow poets, you will surely take it with you!

• Rookie Kailee Williams (9/30/2006 10:04:00 PM) Post reply

Hello fellow poets.
    I have written several poems on this site, and I have shown them to a few of my close friends and teachers. I was just looking for feedback on them, because I would love to get them published sometime in the near future. (Even though I'm only fourteen, I set extremely high goals for myself.) I would truly appreciate it if you would read them and let me know what you think! Thanks!

May the darkness embrace you,
    Kailee

• Rookie Drax Ireland (9/28/2006 9:15:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi
    I've written a little piece entitled '10 Ways to Make a Living as a Poet '

http: //hubpages.com/_2r1tzus88lidg/hub/poet_finances

Thanks
    Drax

• Rookie Aldo Kraas (1/26/2007 7:06:00 PM) Post reply

It is not easy to have a book published it is hard First you have to know your readers and what the readers want One of the best poets that are around is Pablo Neruda Robert Frost When you read ... more

• Rookie Gavin Shaw (9/28/2006 1:57:00 AM) Post reply

Hi poets
    My name is Gavin Shaw I have just set up a website for poets to display their works on my site. I am a poet & have posted on my site now i would like other poets who want to get their work out there to post on my site.
    The site will be given out to publishers & you may even get published.
    Your works will be 100% protected and all interest in your works will be posted to you via email theredwoodman@hotmail.com
    Please send the poems you would like displayed & a short biography
    Thank you
    Gavin

• Rookie Goldy Locks (9/24/2006 3:44:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Brian: You're drunk.
    Stewie: You're sexy.

• Rookie Christopher Murphy (9/19/2006 11:19:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

hi..im new here...i seem to have found an outlet for my inner feelings through the wonderful world of poetry. although i know nothing of it...i presume there are different styles etc...can anyone give me some advice or some addys i can get help to develop. thankyou..chris. ps any feedback on my poems would be appreciated.

• Rookie Kelly Morris (9/20/2006 8:10:00 PM) Post reply

You can try www.everypoet.org if you want some excellent feedback. Be warned, though, that they don't sugar coat anything there. It can be a pretty tough place for newer poets. If you want to check ... more

• Rookie Ebone' Ingram (9/15/2006 11:09:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

yeah...i just sent something...but anywho, does anyone do slam poetry? and if so, can you give me some pointers on how to do it...?

• Rookie Aldo Kraas (1/26/2007 7:19:00 PM) Post reply

I don't use any slam in poetry I believe it will put of the reader By insulting It is the same thing when you listen To a song in the radio If you listen to Rap You will know all the bad words ... more

• Rookie Goldy Locks (9/24/2006 3:50:00 AM) Post reply

sure, i could give you some pointers. you can approach it as a persuasive piece, which i feel has a better connotation. go about what you want to say in a direct, forthright manner. careful to be ve ... more

[Hata Bildir]