Writing Poetry

Post a message
  • Damsel Mystique (12/18/2005 5:32:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

hi people! im new here too. cool site :)

Replies for this message:
    • Ernestine Northover (12/18/2005 3:48:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi Damsel, Welcome to PH. Hope you enjoy the friendliness here. One can get a bit addicted to this site. Ha! Will look up your poems soon. Nice to have you aboard. Love Ernestine XXX

• Nathan Good (12/15/2005 1:44:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I have written several poems, some of which I have put on this site. I'm getting more into writing songs, but I'd like to keep up my poetry too. If anyone could give me some feedback/comments that'd be nice.
    (p.s. some of my poems are kinda corny, I know, I personally like Masked Me, and Musical Spring best)

• Sweetie Sarah<3 (12/10/2005 9:14:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

Hey, im kind of taking a vote...What is your favorite type of poetry? Message me if you want to vote! that would totally be awesome!

• Mary Nagy (1/2/2006 10:08:00 AM) Post reply

I love rhyme.....but I'm learning to love free verse as much since being here.

• Lola Van Morrison (12/18/2005 11:48:00 PM) Post reply

Free Verse! ! !

• Daniel Cook (12/13/2005 7:44:00 PM) Post reply

i like free verse sorta but with rhyme and rythm...more like if you ahve ever seen deaf poetry on HBO

• AZ mayu (12/10/2005 7:46:00 PM) Post reply

Just wanted to say Hello! to everyone here. brand new member here. this is some great site that i just found out.

• Michael Whitt (12/6/2005 4:41:00 PM) Post reply

Hey I'm new to the site. check out my stuff tell me what ya think.

• April Fung (12/2/2005 8:54:00 AM) Post reply

Hello everyone. I'm new to poems. Recently I've written some and I really need someone to give comments so that I can improve. You know, being a newbie needs guidance. At this stage as an inexperienced writer, I am totally lost because I just don't know what is right or wrong. Can anyone help this newbie? Please kindly give me comments. Thanks.

• Meredith Creek (11/26/2005 10:29:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I just joined and I am not sure what I am supposed to do. I write poetry and don't have a lot of confidence in my work. I am always interested in ways to improve my poetry and what I can read for inspiration. Thanks, Meredith

• Aldo Kraas (1/27/2007 12:33:00 AM) Post reply

Please go to Aldo Kraas And read his poems

• Joseph Daly (11/27/2005 6:29:00 AM) Post reply

Well just post your work Merideth. And welcome to PoHO. You should go into the discussion setion of the forum. Not many members use the rest of the other sections Regards Denis Joe

• Andrew Philips (11/25/2005 5:11:00 PM) Post reply

Hey, this is about my 'Awakening of Life' poem. I have gotten at least ten hits a day on it and noone has commented. If anyone who reads this would at least rate it, that would be very much appriciated.

Andrew P.

• Komarraju Venkata Vinay (11/15/2005 12:22:00 PM) Post reply

My way of writing poetry has always been to go into the inner stillness touching which a spray of emotions pass before my minds eye. I feel them but I am not them; I sense them but I am apart from them. Then the emotions crystallize into words and the words arrange themselves into sentences and the poem is written. All as if by MAGIC. Those days when I dont touch the treasurehouse of 'intuition'I wander in the desert of dreary versification: beautiful perhaps but lifeless. To me the inner stillness is the fountain head of inspiration. What Says Thou, My Fellow Poet?

• Michael Beaven (11/14/2005 8:50:00 AM) Post reply

it was awsome really it flowed perfectly. You really mad it come alive please tell me what i can do to improve my poems

[Hata Bildir]