Treasure Island

Writing Poetry

Post a message
  • Tamara Moir (6/25/2006 4:51:00 AM) Post reply

Hello, I just put a poem on this site, and I was wondering if anyone would mind reading it and giving me some feedback? It is called 'Jealousy Got The Best Of Her'

http: //www.poemhunter.com/p/m/poem.asp? poet=101568&poem=3690835

Thank-you in advance

• Untitiled and unnamed (6/25/2006 12:48:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hey All...

Do any of you listen to music as you write your work? ? I find that it helps to listen to tracks from, Enigma, Robert Miles, Enya, when I'm sad, Faith No More and other metal groups when I am angry and fustrated...

Would love to hear your thoughts if music influences your work...?

Keep up the good work everyone as I do enjoy reading it,

God bless, and take care,

Lee...

Replies for this message:
    • Richard Cock III (6/25/2006 1:05:00 PM) Post reply

i need music to influence me in practically anything. be it writing, or just having the guts to face yet another tough ass day. i listen to FNM too by the way...

• Dana Tyrrell (6/23/2006 10:52:00 AM) Post reply

new poems all,
    #1-] Razorblade Tango
    #2-] 3: 49 pm
    #3-] Love's Duplicity

check them out, love 'em, comment 'em, etc...

• Fasika Ayalew (6/22/2006 4:04:00 AM) Post reply

Need help with the other types of poems other than the rhymed one

• Dustin Bennefield (6/11/2006 9:31:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I have to ask does a poet have to memorize his poems they have to be good for me to memorize it. I can't memorize anything of my poems. HELP.
    Yours in Words
    -Inkweaver

• Pali Tripathi (6/23/2006 3:59:00 AM) Post reply

Ditto! Looking at it positevly...if u dont remember what u wrote, you dont repeat urself :)

• Richard Cock III (6/11/2006 11:50:00 PM) Post reply

i don't think so. unless your on def poetry jam. check it out on you tube.

• Dustin Bennefield (6/7/2006 3:24:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hey all I have written some new poems and would like for you all to comment. A young writer such as I needs to have a pat on the back. And for those of you that do not know I am posting a Contest. If you want to know anything about it just read the Poetry Contest forum under my name. You will also have to read ALL of the replies.
    Yours in words,
    Dustin AKA Inkweaver

• Aldo Kraas (1/26/2007 8:43:00 PM) Post reply

I have nothing yet that is new and ready for 07 I am finishing my 06 poems still I know I am late in posting it

• Dustin Bennefield (6/5/2006 10:14:00 AM) Post reply | Read 8 replies

Hey I am open to be called on to read any poem that you write. You just list it and I WILL read it and try to comment.
    Inkweaver
    P.S. Read mine if you will :)

• Mathew Lewis (6/3/2006 7:56:00 PM) Post reply

Hey everyone.
    I would really appreciate it if you could read my poems and tell me what you think. Especially Fighting Mere Existence as I consider this to be one of my better poems. Please don't hold back anyhing you wanna say. My name is Mathew Lewis and you'll find my collection of poems under that name. Email me if you want as well.

• Becky Ginn (6/3/2006 1:06:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I was just wondering. Does anyone know the structure of a Haiku poem. I am not entirely sure. Please feedback.
    Love Becky

• Dennis Ernesto Ruiz (6/6/2006 7:09:00 AM) Post reply

it is a standard 5-7-5. but i've read some haiku in a free form, as long as the syllables total 17. an important note; however, is the topic. it is about nature (as japanese writes) .

• Lydia Francese (6/3/2006 6:06:00 PM) Post reply

3 lines, 5 sylables, 7 sylables, 5 sylables.

• Nibedita Deb (6/3/2006 8:21:00 AM) Post reply

Hi everyone,

Would request all my friends on this site to read (and comment) my short story published in www.tsvhari.com.

That site also contains two of my poems.

Thank you.
    N.D.

[Hata Bildir]