0 person did not like.

Okay this weeks people...

GreenWolfe 1962
    Sylvia Chidi
    Blanche Hardin
    :)

• Rookie Aaron Tate (2/19/2008 8:52:00 PM) Post reply | Read 4 replies

A Fun New Idea..
    Well I've came to a conclusion that most of the more experienced writers, do infact and indeed, read just as many poems as they post. This is good, it gives us all a decent amount of critque. I thought it would be more intresting if we got a good decent size group of atleast 100 people, to take some time on poemhunter and examine a specific 'active' member. Or probably 3-8. We could pick one, then everyone try to read as many poems of the person, and disect them to understand their meanings, and then give a comment of decentcy explaining your thoughts on it. To start it I'll name a poet. Please take time to read some poems and understand new meanins along with old ones. Thank YOu. Please promote this, and post a comment. Tell your friends about who the poet or poets is or are.. thank you all

THANKS A TON
    Aaron Tate

Replies for this message:
  • Rookie MCKENZi : ] (2/18/2008 5:35:00 PM) Post reply

HELP PLEASE! i have a new poem titled 'no title yet' it's a work in progress.
    it's not complete yet. you can send your advice in a message or comment.

[3

• Rookie - 0 Points Sreelekha Premjit (2/14/2008 3:18:00 AM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

how much of the poetry written is for the self ie how much weightage should be given to the opinion of others? how do i know how good my poems are?

• Rookie - 0 Points Meg H (4/11/2008 10:23:00 PM) Post reply

I'm not saying you should or should not do this (it's just a suggestion) but what I do is I write a poem down. Whatever comes to mind, I put it on paper. Then I wait a few days before I go back and r ... more

• Rookie - 0 Points Tracker Ogryphon (2/20/2008 3:31:00 PM) Post reply

I believe that sufficiant reading of ones poetry does 'correct possible problems. It also allows for the poet to analyze their own work. I have recently joined and have posted eighty six of five hun ... more

• Rookie - 0 Points MCKENZi : ] (2/14/2008 7:48:00 PM) Post reply

hello: ] why does it matter if people think it's good, its your work. so, who cares? we all like compliments; so look at the comments people give you..they sometimes give good advice to help better yo ... more

• Rookie I LOVE MY S.O.S! ! ! ALWAYS & 4 EVER..! ! .. (2/12/2008 8:47:00 AM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

i think i should write it more like a poem and not like a story.

• Rookie Coach Roth (2/23/2008 5:34:00 AM) Post reply

Creating images and conveying emotion are most important however you write. Try reading some Bukowski to make you more comfortable with it(or my poem When You Jump From A Bridge which is mostly a pros ... more

• Rookie Goldy Locks (2/13/2008 12:17:00 AM) Post reply

both: poem & prose, combined, if you so desire.

• Rookie Goldy Locks (2/13/2008 12:16:00 AM) Post reply

write it however you feel & see fit.

• Rookie Corazon Pancho (2/11/2008 2:26:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

does confidence is really needed when presenting a poem that i made by myself?
    becasue i'm really shy of it... and i keep on hiding my poems...

• Rookie MCKENZi : ] (2/15/2008 9:38:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

good question. in my opinion, it's easier over the internet since most likely you'll never see these people in actual life. but if it's your work, you shouldnt be ashamed of it. i'm sure your poems ar ... more

• Rookie Goldy Locks (2/13/2008 12:18:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

confidence is critical, crucial, and completely contagious. So yes, it is needed - when presenting poems, attitudes, and expressions.

• Rookie Corazon Pancho (2/11/2008 2:24:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

what are the important things to do if you will write a poem?

• Rookie Michelle Evans (2/19/2008 6:31:00 AM) Post reply

I think it's always useful to have a rythmn; probably a simple one unless you're really confident in writing otherwise it can go from poetry to a flowless mess.

• Rookie MCKENZi : ] (2/11/2008 7:28:00 PM) Post reply

i think most of the time it sounds better if they rhyme, but it doesn't always have to. also, it needs to make sense. i read other people's poems to get ideas. just never copy, make it yours.: ] good ... more

• Rookie David Floren (2/10/2008 9:28:00 PM) Post reply

Great advice for those who fear that others will critique their poetry:

Don't sweat over the approval/approval of others who might or even will judge your work. In Volkov's 'Testimony', a biography of Russian composer Dmitri Shostakovich, I will never forget what Dmitri said about his critics. He basically said that it is impossible to satisfy them all and that when one has enough confidence in one's own creative powers, then time spent worrying about satisfying the critics is time lost! Of course Dmitri had been professionally trained for years by some of the world's best musicians and musicologists. Of course he depended on his creative work to sustain him financially, as a professional composer and conductor (and foremost a pianist..he nearly won at the celebrated Chopin piano competition) . So of course he was in a position to suffer or benefit more from the ebb and flow of professional opinion. But despite this, he ultimately felt his creative work would suffer by a fear-based overlay of constant concern for satisfying his critics aesthetic and opinion-based judgments. Even though Volkov's book itself has been critiqued as a possible fraud, I still take inspiration from Volkov's representation of Dmitiri. Truth or fiction, it doesn't matter. The truth is I was inspired.

• Rookie Annah Aaron (2/10/2008 8:56:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Does poetry need to rhyme? Because I write poetry, but none of it rhymes. If it doesn't rhyme, is it still considered poetry?

• Rookie Michelle Evans (2/19/2008 6:32:00 AM) Post reply

It doesn't need to rhyme; look at famous poets and half of their poems don't.

• Rookie David Floren (2/10/2008 9:12:00 PM) Post reply

Annah, don't worry about rhyming the ends of your lines. Rhyme is useful at the ends of lines sometimes, but only when you have some idea of why it would be useful. There's no dogma insisting that y ... more

• Rookie Mckenzi L (2/9/2008 9:01:00 PM) Post reply

i have 6 new poems! check 'em out, please.: ] i'll return the favor. pinky swear: ]
    peace.

[Hata Bildir]