Treasure Island

Writing Poetry

Post a message
  • Timothy Mercurio (10/7/2007 9:39:00 AM) Post reply

i once was disabled to not to be able to discover a light for that i can night!
    i once fell down to something thats brown what can i see i dare not believe!
    how can there be so much hate when hate is just a four letter word for that i must relate for that i can name so many other hatred that exist in a date that just cant seem to relate

• José Chapa (10/4/2007 4:38:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

To follow in the footsteps of Sartre, I ask: ¿do you actually have anything to say?

If you do, you should probably write prose.

(General advice, I just read some really interesting Sartre essays.)

Replies for this message:
    • José Chapa (10/4/2007 4:39:00 PM) Post reply

Ahh, mind the '¿'. English is not my first language, well, it kinda is but not really.

• Apple Shepherd (9/28/2007 10:43:00 PM) Post reply

*Fortunate One*

www.poemhunter.com/poem/fortunate-one/

Thanks for taking the time...

• David Corman (9/23/2007 8:37:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Everyone, delet you poetry and restart. Pass the message It must be done.

• Zia Jaycee May Trent (9/21/2007 8:37:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I love to write poetry because it releases your thoughts; don't think about what you are doing, just write. Also, don't force yourself to, try to write when you are relaxed....comment on my poems please, i love feedback... http: //www.poemhunter.com/zia-jaycee-may-trent/

• Clay Scott (9/21/2007 12:11:00 PM) Post reply

hi my name is clay im new to the site i was wantin some feedback on my poetry so im here askin if yall will look at it and tell me ur oppions thank you http: //www.poemhunter.com/clay-scott/

• Goldy Locks (9/17/2007 4:33:00 PM) Post reply

Towards the end of the novel, Dorian realizes he was wrong to have followed Lord Henry's doctrines. He decides to change, to make amends and to rise above his mentor's cynical epigrams that cut the beauty of life to pieces. But his attempts at reform are shallow and superficial - and in turn the painting gains a cunning and hypocritical look.

At last Dorian plans to rid himself of his terrible sins by destroying the portrait. Realizing that only a full confession will absolve him, yet fearing the consequences, he decides to kill the last vestiges of his conscience -for it is conscience that has brought him to where he stands now. He stabs the canvas. The servants hear a terrible scream and rush to the nursery, but:

When they entered, they found hanging upon the wall a splendid portrait of their master as they had last seen him, in all the wonder of his exquisite youth and beauty. Lying on the floor was a dead man, in evening dress, with a knife in his heart. He was withered, wrinkled, and loathsome of visage. It was not till they had examined the rings that they recognized who it was.

~ Oscar Wilde's novel The Picture of Dorian Gray

• daughter of a seafoam (9/15/2007 11:21:00 AM) Post reply

Hey, everyone.. I would really love to improve my writing.. I hope you can comment or give suggestions for my poems. Just click this link. n_n http: //www.poemhunter.com/daughter-of-a-seafoam/poems/

• Goldy Locks (9/15/2007 9:43:00 AM) Post reply

Jackson Pollack wrote: 'When I am in my painting, I'm not aware of what I'm doing. It's only after a sort of `get acquainted' period that I see what I have been about. I have no fears about making changes, destroying the image, etc., because the painting has a life of its own.'

• James Milks (8/30/2007 1:59:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

It is funny somedays the writing is easy (and if I am lucky even good) other days the writing is hard and almost forced. Insperation can come from the most unusual places. one day I am driving down the highway (I drive a lottttttt of miles each day) and in the medium strip there is the rements of a stone wall, it gets me thinking. Sometimes a song comes on the radio and envokes a feeling and blam there is another idea. I think Stephen King said best ' You write because you have to, your mind would explode if you didn't'

• Paul Butters Rookie - 1st Stage (4/20/2008 8:36:00 AM) Post reply

I agree, even if it's taken ages for me to find this entry of yours! Stephen King was right too. Don't explode, keep writing! Paul.

[Hata Bildir]