Treasure Island

Writing Poetry

Discuss ways to improve your poetry. Post your techniques, tips, and creative ideas about how to write better.
Post a message

• Abekah Emmanuel (9/2/2014 1:13:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Poetry writing, to me, is the cheapest but the most elegant way of communicating your feelings to the world.....When the poet employs clear and simple diction, combines passion with classical themes, his message lives for centuries.....lets be clear as we can!

• Pranab K Chakraborty (9/1/2014 7:46:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Go wherever you want, do whatever you like but return when writing calls your attention to wait some moments to hear the soul talking.

• Pranab K Chakraborty (9/1/2014 7:43:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Thinks of benefit from writing comes from much lower level of thought. Writing only be the shelter for one who wants a life very much a man's life.

• Joanna Kotsoni (8/30/2014 4:14:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I use to write late at night with some instrumental music on the background. That helps me relax and find the rythm I want my poem to have.
    I don't use any writing technique like rhymes or something. I just feel and write. Of course I read my poems again and again until I find something to complete them. I remember a poem I tried to write before I sent my book for publishing. It was unfinished because I couldn't find the exact words to express my feelings. I let myself listen to other poems (by different poets) that made me feel like the way I felt and I found the words to complete my poem and send my book to the publisher.

• Mohammad Skati (8/30/2014 8:42:00 AM) Post reply Stage

My point of view says that writing is a must to everyone, so anyone can benefit greatly.

• Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip (8/29/2014 9:50:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I am not an English man I am belong to the Kuki community as well as very young to improve my poetry I am badly in need of one person from English man. And my proposal technique is I am now making a book of poetry dictionary of lexicon vocabulary and poetry school for India which is not so far available in India, because poemHunter will not end and for everlasting so many young boys and girls may earn some thing from poetry competition in the days to come.

• Gangadharan Nair Pulingat (8/29/2014 10:47:00 AM) Post reply Stage

With my own vision and observation around my surroundings, meetings, and other occasions, I think about the various problems people faces and challenges they dealt with for a proper living. My most interested subject contains the human being's woes and sufferings and taking up the challenges of life through which I get an opportunity for a theme.

• Mohammad Skati (8/29/2014 4:14:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Never stop writing, reading, or listening in all of your life simply because that will help you great.

• Mohammad Skati (8/29/2014 2:28:00 AM) Post reply Stage

From this pretty forum, I do encourage everyone to enjoy writing poetry. Please never hesitate, but feel good to write anything. Thanks.

• Kay Staley (8/28/2014 9:42:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

To write a good poem, first decide who you are writing it for. If the poem is for yourself then let yourself all out into your work; try to capture all of your feelings into it. If the poem is for other readers and you want it to be remembered/liked, then you have to follow their rules. I would advice to always rhyme your poetry because nonrhyming poetry is not remembered as easily. If you name your poems then make sure that the name is catchy and different. Dont make the poem to short (for fear people will think its a quote) and dont make the poem to long (for fear that people will think its a book) . Use drastic language and put in lots of emotion to make the reader identify. Be extreme in whatever you talk about. If you are being unrealistic, then go to the sky with it. If you are being realistic make sure to make it sad because life doesnt turn out that great and everyone knows it. Good luck writing poetry and if you need help or want to ask questions about ideas or anything like that, be sure to message me!

Replies for this message:
[Hata Bildir]